PDA

View Full Version : Ivan Rodriguez Ball Marks - Ebay bat

zenithsports
01-25-2015, 09:31 PM
What does everyone think about these ball marks? Must say I have never seen hacks quite like this on a pudge bat. The smattering of green ball marks is interesting too :)

http://www.ebay.com/itm/IVAN-RODRIGUEZ-PUDGE-TEXAS-RANGERS-GAME-USED-BAT-HAMMERED-BALL-MARKS-1999-MVP-/331454686352?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item4d2c3d2490

spartakid
01-26-2015, 02:26 PM
You could probably do some research on here, I know i've seen threads regarding these sort of marks. I believe the green marks may indicate BP balls and those "powdery" marks are usually not produced from game use where the faster pitching will generally only leave seam impressions (or small bits of leather). Like I said, I'm just going from memory, but I'm sure you could find more info in past threads.

Nnunnari
01-26-2015, 04:30 PM
Bat seems very suspect and so does the bidding.

earlywynnfan
01-26-2015, 04:43 PM
Looks like one of Dolphinboy's bats.

gorilla777
01-26-2015, 04:47 PM
And for what it is worth, in the Q & A section of the listing, it discloses it comes from Celebz Direct

That use looks all wrong and I agree with Nick on the shady bidding

Stefano61
02-03-2015, 06:43 AM
not giving an opinion on this particular bat, but big marks are quite common on game used bats I'd say...

danesei@yahoo.com
02-03-2015, 07:38 AM
Stefano, I'm fairly certain that the white spots in the swinging photo are the labels of the bat. As for the second picture, that appears to be from a batting practice session, which somewhat aligns with comments regarding green (BP labels) on a bat.

Stefano61
02-03-2015, 02:20 PM
I've quite a few bats with those big marks on the barrel and I found many photos of the players using the bats, either matched or showing the same game use signs. Saying that a bat with big clear marks is not game used is simply not correct. With a little more time here is other Pudge evidence.

danesei@yahoo.com
02-03-2015, 02:39 PM
I've quite a few bats with those big marks on the barrel and I found many photos of the players using the bats, either matched or showing the same game use signs. Saying that a bat with big clear marks is not game used is simply not correct. With a little more time here is other Pudge evidence.

Thanks for all the photos, Stefano.