PDA

View Full Version : Krukjerseys:Game Issued-Possibly Game Used

Swoboda4
01-22-2015, 12:36 PM
I know that KrukCards is a forum member that occasionally weighs in on topics. I have a few questions on their ongoing sale of Mets "game issued-possibly game used' jerseys on e-bay. First question is how can we separate these jerseys (which have set tags and all) from the same player jersey that was actually game used? In other words, what's to stop someone from buying from Kruk and then selling later with just a game used description? Kruk is selling many above described jerseys over the past several months; where did they originate from? The "possibly" game used term is what I would like explained,-"If possible."

commando
01-22-2015, 07:59 PM
I know that KrukCards is a forum member that occasionally weighs in on topics. I have a few questions on their ongoing sale of Mets "game issued-possibly game used' jerseys on e-bay. First question is how can we separate these jerseys (which have set tags and all) from the same player jersey that was actually game used? In other words, what's to stop someone from buying from Kruk and then selling later with just a game used description? Kruk is selling many above described jerseys over the past several months; where did they originate from? The "possibly" game used term is what I would like explained,-"If possible."

Apparently, Kruk bought hundreds of jerseys directly from the Mets (and a few other teams, too). I get the impression that these bulk buys were done without any specific documentation for any of these items... So basically what you see is what you get. You know these shirts came from the team, but any other specifics will need to be researched by the buyer. Some of these jerseys do show game wear (I have purchased a few), and others are borderline -- maybe the tags appear to have been washed a couple of times.

I'm trying to remember who the player was... I believe he was a catcher... Anyway, Kruk had a Mets jersey that was made for an established player who never played for the Mets (or even close). Someone snagged it and it was a pretty cool item since the buyer collected that player.

Jim65
01-22-2015, 08:50 PM
Apparently, Kruk bought hundreds of jerseys directly from the Mets (and a few other teams, too). I get the impression that these bulk buys were done without any specific documentation for any of these items... So basically what you see is what you get. You know these shirts came from the team, but any other specifics will need to be researched by the buyer. Some of these jerseys do show game wear (I have purchased a few), and others are borderline -- maybe the tags appear to have been washed a couple of times.

I'm trying to remember who the player was... I believe he was a catcher... Anyway, Kruk had a Mets jersey that was made for an established player who never played for the Mets (or even close).

I believe that was Benito Santiago. :)

danesei@yahoo.com
01-22-2015, 09:57 PM
If it was Santiago, couldn't it have been Jose Santiago's jersey?

Jim65
01-23-2015, 05:20 AM
If it was Santiago, couldn't it have been Jose Santiago's jersey?

Thats possible, but Benito did sign wth the Mets in 2005 but never played.

metsbats
01-23-2015, 06:22 AM
Yes he played for the Mets minor league teams in Norfolk and St Lucie in 2005. If the Santiago jersey in question was a number 33 then it was Jose Santiago and not Benito as the latter didn't make it to back to the show that year with the Mets. Benito played for the Pirates in 2005.

metsbats
01-23-2015, 06:29 AM
Kruks sometimes list players incorrectly or have no info on what Mets player the jersey belongs too. They kept listing a 1997 Yorkis Perez as a Timo Perez. One collector I know did his homework and picked up a spring training rookie year Jose Reyes no. 15 jersey which Jose wore before he got no. 7!

Swoboda4
01-23-2015, 10:01 AM
Dave, Hi. I recently bought a Endy Chavez Mets jersey from Krukjerseys with the aforementioned "Game Issued-Possibly Game Used" title. The name on back(when flattened on a table) appeared slightly off center. Tagging was perfect. So I guess this was an example of the game issued-reject jersey. As always homework, but this appears to be like a fanfest situation where you might get lucky. My original question still is anyone getting these jerseys for the $110+ could turn around later and sell without the "Possibly game used " title; there's really no telling them apart from a guaranteed G/U jersey.

metsbats
01-23-2015, 10:31 AM
Any jersey with proper tagging sourced from anywhere can become "game used" if it gets into the hands of the wrong person in my opinion.

The Mets sold some of these jerseys at their game used store and eventually sold the rest of the inventory in bulk to Kruks. I brought Kurt Abbott, Mike Bordick, and Bubba Trammell 2000 game used jerseys from the Mets at the Citi Field game used store couple years ago and they came with a Mets COA. I believe Kruks had some of these player jerseys in the bulk buy so the difference between mine and the ones that Kruk had is the Mets COA.

bgold
01-23-2015, 02:16 PM
The Mets sold some of these jerseys at their game used store and eventually sold the rest of the inventory in bulk to Kruk.

Bought a bunch of Mets "classic" jerseys (90's-03 era) a few years ago from Kruk, some were issued, some had really nice use. If you do your homework you can pick up something really nice. Although now it's just the same stuff over and over, with some mistakes (but a Mets collector who knows how to use the internet can figure out what is what very quickly).

I did the same thing at Citi, issued and used jerseys, did my homework...Mets supplied coas (they don't anymore as per mlb policy for non holo'd items). The last couple of years the Mets have not had much previous to 07-08 at the earliest at the GU kiosk or downstairs at the Mets hof and museum.

The Mets are not giving them away like Kruk does from time to time, so if you see something really nice that costs more than your ticket and food for the game do the research, ESPECIALLY for star players. Lots of issued stuff to be mindful of...

Swoboda4
01-25-2015, 09:46 PM
Thank you bgold. Interesting that it isn't a given
that the game used kiosk at Citi Field isn't necessarily
offering game used jerseys, etc. So Kruk is being honest
in it's description, with bargains to possibly be had.