PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auction - Thome items

Thinking
01-21-2015, 11:04 AM
Some interesting items up for grabs from Jim Thome in the current auction.

Was looking at the GU glove. The LOA seems to provide details about photo matching it to the season but no photos in game use are provided in the auction. Is this something you can typically get from PSA/DNA?

I've seen so few Thome gloves out there -- hard to tell if it's worth the price it's already up to in the auction.

Any thoughts?

http://goldinauctions.com/mobile/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=13259

KGoldin
01-21-2015, 02:03 PM
We have requested these images and will post to the auction lot as soon as we get them
Ken

danesei@yahoo.com
01-21-2015, 02:11 PM
Was looking at the GU glove. The LOA seems to provide details about photo matching it to the season but no photos in game use are provided in the auction. Is this something you can typically get from PSA/DNA?

The wording in the PSA/DNA LOA states that the model was photomatched. That would usually be called a style-match, if that clears things up. I interpret the wording to be they found photos of Thome wearing that style of glove during that season, which would mean it's a style match.

Thinking
01-22-2015, 08:48 AM
The wording in the PSA/DNA LOA states that the model was photomatched. That would usually be called a style-match, if that clears things up. I interpret the wording to be they found photos of Thome wearing that style of glove during that season, which would mean it's a style match.

Thanks!

Given that, any sense on value for a style match auto glove like this one?

helf35
01-22-2015, 09:39 AM
I believe this was my glove i sold to Taube in a cash and trade deal right before the national.

Thinking
01-22-2015, 12:27 PM
I believe this was my glove i sold to Taube in a cash and trade deal right before the national.

We're you the original owner? If so, can you share how you got it (just trying to get insights on authenticity)

Also, what would you value it at?

Thanks for any insights!

helf35
01-22-2015, 02:04 PM
We're you the original owner? If so, can you share how you got it (just trying to get insights on authenticity)

Also, what would you value it at?

Thanks for any insights!

send me a message.

danesei@yahoo.com
01-22-2015, 02:11 PM
Helf, you obviously don't have to do this, but could you make whatever information you might have public? Even if you don't want to disclose it until after the auction, could you please let everyone know? If nothing else, it will help create some level of history and/or provenance for the piece.

Thinking
01-23-2015, 08:36 AM
send me a message.

Message sent