PDA

View Full Version : Game Used Baseball

3arod13
01-06-2007, 05:45 PM
I see so many game used baseballs for sale on ebay. Majority of them look like they are dirty or stained, than game used. Does anyone really trust buying game used baseballs?

kylehess10
01-06-2007, 05:57 PM
I see so many game used baseballs for sale on ebay. Majority of them look like they are dirty or stained, than game used. Does anyone really trust buying game used baseballs?

Even though I don't collect game used baseballs, I'd say most on eBay really are real. The only ones I wouldn't buy are the ones that say "used during Griffey's 500th homerun game,used during blah blah blah's 3000th hit game, etc., unless it was MLB authenticated. But I do see quite a few MLB authenticated ones, so you wouldn't have to worry. It might cost a little bit more, but atleast you know it's real.

kellsox
01-06-2007, 07:11 PM
I believe that all baseballs used in games are rubbed with a type of mud before each game.

3arod13
01-06-2007, 07:36 PM
I think my main concern is, was the ball actually used in a game by the player. Example: Derek Jeter signed Game used ball. Did Jeter ever touch the bat or hit the ball. It could just be a game used ball, which was never used or touch by jeter. Could just be a ball from a game. I think it would be good it they dated the balls from the actual game used. Just a thought.

3arod13
01-06-2007, 07:38 PM
... was the ball actually used in a game by the player. Example: Derek Jeter signed Game used ball. Did Jeter ever touch the bat or hit the ball.

I meant ever touch the ball or hit the ball.