PDA

View Full Version : 1967 Pete Rose Road Jersey Game Used Only Auction

Newman
01-13-2015, 01:27 PM
Hey guys,

Came across this sweet 1967 road Pete Rose jersey. Any rose experts have thoughts on it?

Thanks!

http://gameusedonly.com/auctions/item.php?id=283

Phil316
01-13-2015, 04:24 PM
When i first glanced at it it looks like a photomatch to that photo provided. But looking closer it to me is not the same jersey.

bgakladd
01-15-2015, 12:02 AM
When i first glanced at it it looks like a photomatch to that photo provided. But looking closer it to me is not the same jersey.

Phil, check out the flannel areas I circled, what do you think?? Seems close to me.

Phil316
01-15-2015, 12:10 AM
I am not completely sold.

bgakladd
01-15-2015, 12:54 AM
I am not completely sold.

LOL...Ok. A few more areas in black to look at.

solarlottry
01-15-2015, 01:17 AM
There is a small white spot below the last "I" which matches on both images. I think it is the same jersey.

Paul

Always buying 49er game used!

Mark17
01-15-2015, 10:25 AM
Looks like the same shirt to me. I'd like to see someone indicate one example where the shirt does not match the photo.

Phil316
01-15-2015, 01:45 PM
After weighing the evidence, viewing the item on a CPU screen rather than a samsung note 4 screen and doing my own research it is probable that this is the same jersey as the photo. Everything does seem to match up. My apologies to Todd at gameusedonly.com who seems to run a great site.

That being said who on here is going to make a run at it ?

sox83cubs84
01-15-2015, 10:24 PM
From what I see, this one's a winner. May the best GUU Member win!

Dave Miedema

Lumber 1980
01-18-2015, 09:21 AM
Thanks guys.. I appreciate the comments and the work.. Amazing... Being sceptical is always a good way to be in the hobby, until you know for sure what you see.

Todd

Titans74
01-21-2015, 09:35 AM
Looking at the marks on the jersey and the photo, I want to say it's a 100% match.

Then I visited the site and looked at a few other photos. What jumps out at me are the sleeves. In the SI photo, the appear to be "normal". The auction photos show the sleeves to be elastic.

I may be totally wrong. I hope I am, because I would love for this jersey to be the real deal. What does anyone else think about the sleeves?

bgakladd
01-22-2015, 01:36 AM
Looking at the marks on the jersey and the photo, I want to say it's a 100% match.

Then I visited the site and looked at a few other photos. What jumps out at me are the sleeves. In the SI photo, the appear to be "normal". The auction photos show the sleeves to be elastic.

I may be totally wrong. I hope I am, because I would love for this jersey to be the real deal. What does anyone else think about the sleeves?

I don't see elastic, I see flannel material that has the (if this is the correct term....the puckered look) after the shirt has been worn and washed and lost its shapely form thru washings and dryings. If you look closer you will see the sleeves with Rose wearing the jersey and the "puckered look" is there on the right sleeve. On the inside of the sleeve area you can see how the shape from the wash and wear wants to move past the stitching area and does but the stitching seems to keep it contained inside that general area.

bgakladd
01-22-2015, 01:45 AM
Concentrate on the sleeve edges and stitched areas on both photos, the circled areas on both are not related to what I am talking about. They are there for other observations.