PDA

View Full Version : A couple of baseballs, Kershaw, Upton, Heyward

michaellechner
01-13-2015, 11:11 AM
Hey guys,

I have a few baseballs I'm interested in selling. These are really nice.
If you have any interest, please email me at foreverinsideout at gmail dot com
All prices are OBO

Clayton Kershaw Postseason strikeout ball
The hologram doesn't list it as a strikeout ball but if you watch the video from the game, from what I can tell the only pitch in the dirt was a strikeout.
Session Name: 2013 NLDS DODGERS @ BRAVES GAME 1
Session Date: October 03, 2013
Authenticator: AUTHENTICATORS, INC.
Additional Information: BATTER - CHRIS JOHNSON, PITCHER - CLAYTON KERSHAW, BOTTOM OF 7, PITCH IN THE DIRT
$200

Jason Heyward Triple
Session Name: ATL AT HOU
Session Date: June 24, 2014
Additional Information: BATTER - JASON HEYWARD, PITCHER - SCOTT FELDMAN, TOP OF 2, TRIPLE
$85

Justin Upton single but reached second on an error by Puig
Session Name: ATL AT LAD
Session Date: July 30, 2014
Additional Information: BATTER - JUSTIN UPTON, PITCHER - ZACK GREINKE, TOP OF 6, SINGLE
$90

michaellechner
01-15-2015, 11:36 AM
Make an offer!

BVC
01-15-2015, 03:21 PM
The 2nd strike was also in the dirt. You didn't post the hologram number, so I couldn't check, but if you check the number one larger than yours, you might find that it's the K ball;vice versa, if the number one less than yours is a ball in the dirt, then your probably is the K ball.

michaellechner
01-15-2015, 03:55 PM
Good advice, although now I'm even a bit more confused. Anyone have any guesses about what happened with this??

The hologram number is EK713095.

This was a 4 pitch at-bat. 2 of those pitches were pitches in the dirt. Kershaw used the same ball for the first 3 pitches and then another ball for the final 4th pitch strikeout(I missed this the first time I watched it as I thought he used the same ball the entire at-bat.)

Here's where it gets confusing, EK713096 is listed as a pitch in the dirt against Chris Johnson, okay that makes sense, but EK713194 is also listed as a pitch in the dirt against Chris Johnson. There were only 4 pitches, only two of them were in the dirt. Strike (looking), Ball, Strike (swinging), Strike (swinging), C Johnson struck out swinging

Hologram number EK713094 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Session Product Description:
Autographer:
Additional Information: BATTER - CHRIS JOHNSON, PITCHER - CLAYTON KERSHAW, BOTTOM OF 7, PITCH IN THE DIRT

Hologram number EK713095 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Autographer:

Hologram number EK713096 was located in the MLB Authentication Database under GAME-USED BASEBALL.
Autographer:

What the crap? What is going on here? Is this just a blatant mistake by MLB Authentication?

Until this is sorted out, this ball is no longer for sale as it does not seem to be what I originally thought it was.

BVC
01-17-2015, 01:23 PM
As soon as I have time, I will go back and check out the at-bat again - probably Monday.

The first and only mistake I found was a ball identified by Washington as a K ball from the 8th inning of the 18-inning NLDS game. The id'd batter had been struck out in the 7th, but the hologram number was from the 8th inning. What a mess. Might be why I got a decent deal on it. Note - they did change the auction description when I told them about the mistake.

For the most part I think the ML teams do a great job on game-used baseballs - their process seems fool-proof unless someone writes incorrect notes. I've watched the process at Mariners games and they are spot-on every time. According to an article I read, each ML team uses the same process. Still, humans are involved.

michaellechner
01-17-2015, 03:59 PM
I have been in touch with a rep from MLB and he is looking into it for me. It does appear to be a mistake on their part. Will keep you informed.