PDA

View Full Version : Questioning Ethics Of A Board Member.

RMoody
01-11-2015, 02:43 PM
Gonna keep this strictly factual but a lot of this very concerning. Perhaps I am reading too much into this, but I would like the opinions of other forums members about how this is handed.

First this post is made yesterday, just afternoon.
http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=63307

It appears to be questioning this jersey on Ebay,
http://www.ebay.com/itm/SIGNED-JOHN-RANDLE-GAME-USED-JERSEY-LOCKER-ROOM-NAME-PLATE-/271730705864?

The post is worded as if he is asking for opinions on the jersey, however 1 minute later he responds to his own post with information about it.

The questions surrounding that jersey confuse me because the poster actually own (or at least once owned) jersey he is asking about.

In this "My Finished Man Cave" post, the jersey in question and nameplate are clearly shown

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=61538&page=2

Furthermore, this jersey is shown being worn by the poster at an event. His wearing of this jersey to an event is not however noted in his listing.

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?p=366784#post366784

The auction, also has 9 bids placed, many in the closing minutes by a user with 0 rating but having placed 15 bids on 3 items this seller has.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=271730705864&aid=n***t&eu=&bidtid=1414969806017&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLin k

Thoughts?

metsbats
01-11-2015, 06:43 PM
4.No Advertising or Website Promotion. Please do not post any messages anywhere on this site that are primarily for the promotion or advertising of any website, item for sale (other than in the 'Collector to Collector Classifieds' section as per its rules), forum, email address, business, multi-level marketing activity or other entity without prior approval from Game Used Universe

Sure looks like showcasing and promoting an item for sale (other than in the C2C).

We'll take appropriate action. Thanks RMoody.

David

xpress34
01-12-2015, 04:03 PM
The auction, also has 9 bids placed, many in the closing minutes by a user with 0 rating but having placed 15 bids on 3 items this seller has.

http://offer.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidderProfile&mode=1&item=271730705864&aid=n***t&eu=&bidtid=1414969806017&view=BUYER&ssPageName=PageBidderProfileViewBids_Buyer_ViewLin k

Thoughts?

Just to add emphasis to this last part, 100% of the 'bidder's activity was with THIS seller - no one else.

atomic912s
01-13-2015, 09:35 PM
Rmoody,

Congrats on being a little detective..........................

People like you make me laugh hahaha

As for ethics, I WORK FOR A POLICE DEPT.....

I DID WEAR IT TO AN EVENT! JOHN RANDLE LOVED IT!!!!!

I will admit I tried to draw interest by throwing up a post on GUU unaware of the policy...

As far as the ebay bidder is concerned there where 42 bids, it IS POSSIBLE for someone to have 0 feedback isn't it???? Gotta start somewhere.........

No need to be concerned about me buddy, I am just a good old collector like the rest of us!!!!

CHEERS!!!!

RMoody
01-14-2015, 04:02 PM
Oh well that clears it up, since you work at a police department and all. Really? That actually made me laugh, I worked for 3 years at a level 5 prison, you think I trust people just because they are / could be in law enforcement?

As far as the bidding goes, it's not the actual bidder that's the issue, it's the circumstances.

It's absolutely plausible that a person would join Ebay solely to bid on your items. It is realistic that they bid 15 times and despite the tens of thousands of items they elected only to bid on ones you were selling? No.

As far as the rule goes, the problem is you knowingly tried to deceive people in the forum to promote an item you had for sale.

Stop me if I'm wrong (from a collector standpoint) you feel it's fair to wear the item yourself, then sell it as "the last uniform" this player wore? We aren't even talking about a "lets just see how this fits" deal with a jersey, like we all have done at one point or another. You actually wore this item to the event, took photos at that. If I sold you Joe Montana's last gamer and neglected to tell you I wore it to his HOF induction.....you tell me , seriously, how your gonna feel about that.

The right thing to do would be to come in here and be honest, not defensive. You can joke around about being detective, but you have to see what you did here as wrong, on multiple levels.

Personally, I think you owe the buyer an honest assessment of what went on here and documentation for the community it occurred. If not, I honestly hope he finds the pages himself.

In my opinion, you worked scam over on a guy over and that's not cool. At best, you attempted to inflate the sale price by either shill bidding or poorly designing an advertising rouse. On the other side you mis represented the item to the buyer by failing to disclose you had worn the item.

While I may not know for a fact the jersey I own have only been worn by named player, if I found out somebody was using them for dress up......Id want my money back and you can keep your authentic player costume.

yanks12025
01-14-2015, 04:15 PM
Oh well that clears it up, since you work at a police department and all. Really? That actually made me laugh, I worked for 3 years at a level 5 prison, you think I trust people just because they are / could be in law enforcement?

As far as the bidding goes, it's not the actual bidder that's the issue, it's the circumstances.

It's absolutely plausible that a person would join Ebay solely to bid on your items. It is realistic that they bid 15 times and despite the tens of thousands of items they elected only to bid on ones you were selling? No.

As far as the rule goes, the problem is you knowingly tried to deceive people in the forum to promote an item you had for sale.

Stop me if I'm wrong (from a collector standpoint) you feel it's fair to wear the item yourself, then sell it as "the last uniform" this player wore? We aren't even talking about a "lets just see how this fits" deal with a jersey, like we all have done at one point or another. You actually wore this item to the event, took photos at that. If I sold you Joe Montana's last gamer and neglected to tell you I wore it to his HOF induction.....you tell me , seriously, how your gonna feel about that.

The right thing to do would be to come in here and be honest, not defensive. You can joke around about being detective, but you have to see what you did here as wrong, on multiple levels.

Personally, I think you owe the buyer an honest assessment of what went on here and documentation for the community it occurred. If not, I honestly hope he finds the pages himself.

In my opinion, you worked scam over on a guy over and that's not cool. At best, you attempted to inflate the sale price by either shill bidding or poorly designing an advertising rouse. On the other side you mis represented the item to the buyer by failing to disclose you had worn the item.

While I may not know for a fact the jersey I own have only been worn by named player, if I found out somebody was using them for dress up......Id want my money back and you can keep your authentic player costume.

Just to point out. I'm sure there are alot more members who have worn a game worn item to some event and maybe even washed it at one time and then sold it without telling the new buyer they wore it acouple times.

RMoody
01-14-2015, 05:56 PM
Just to point out. I'm sure there are alot more members who have worn a game worn item to some event and maybe even washed it at one time and then sold it without telling the new buyer they wore it acouple times.

And while I agree to a point with that, I think you need to be upfront about what's out there.....it's the internet.

You just bought this jersey what six month at ago (now that actually played detective,lol)

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=226397

Most rational people expect the item to be sold in the same condition it as bought in or noted otherwise. That responsibility is even more on your shoulders when your the one putting that out there.

If you wanna wear an already signed item to an event to impress the player, that's up to you, it's your money spent. On the flip side, when your taking the money, let be honest about the items condition, The problem ultimately becomes the fact I don't exactly know you didn't wear it for the car ride up and back and that stop at Taco Bell.

Anybody googling that jersey, like the current owner, will quickly be find these posts and I'm sorry if you've got pictures of you wearing it shared publicly....you divulge that going into the sale.

Now since I get to play detective, I'm gonna assume it's just another mere coincidence that our mystery bidder put jersey pricing back to the original amount paid?

atomic912s
01-14-2015, 06:03 PM
Rmoody,

This forum doesn't need people like you. Way to jump to wild conclusions, if I was really trying to work someone over via Shill or shrill bidding what ever you call it, the final sale price would have been a lot higher than $215. With that said I probably spend around $1k-$1500 per month on NFL AUCTIONS alone, but I don't really keep track because money is no issue to me. The fact that I wore Johns last game worn jersey (meaning it was the last one he's worn, not the last one he will ever wear) for 20 mins while I stood in line is not a big deal.

Not sure what else to say, and Yanks12025 is absolutely right!!!!!! Quit trolling me please, i also own freshinkmn on YouTube. All we do is release videos of fraudulent sports Memorabilia on ebay as a free service to collector's... If your looking for someone to burn look elsewhere because I do not like how you are defaming my character through accusations. ...

danesei@yahoo.com
01-14-2015, 06:20 PM
Quit trolling me please, i also own freshinkmn on YouTube. (snipped) If your looking for someone to burn look elsewhere because I do not like how you are defaming my character through accusations. ...

If you're (the contraction you should have used above) expecting your (proper grammatical use of the word you used above) post to throw people off, you're mistaken. All it does is make members dig deeper.

This is what digging dug up:

Possible shill item #2, won by 0 feedback bidder:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271721156491

Relisted here:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271734131436

Possible shill item #3, won by other bidder, but underbidder was 0 feedback bidder:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/271721155971

If you're going to call someone a troll, it would probably help your case if you didn't look guilty. Also, defamation of character requires that the statement be false and cause harm to your reputation.

1) Your actions make it unlikely that the claim is false.
2) Your reputation was probably hurt much more by your actions than RMoody's statement that you're shilling.

RMoody
01-14-2015, 06:40 PM
Rmoody,

This forum doesn't need people like you. Way to jump to wild conclusions, if I was really trying to work someone over via Shill or shrill bidding what ever you call it, the final sale price would have been a lot higher than $215. With that said I probably spend around $1k-$1500 per month on NFL AUCTIONS alone, but I don't really keep track because money is no issue to me. The fact that I wore Johns last game worn jersey (meaning it was the last one he's worn, not the last one he will ever wear) for 20 mins while I stood in line is not a big deal.

Not sure what else to say, and Yanks12025 is absolutely right!!!!!! Quit trolling me please, i also own freshinkmn on YouTube. All we do is release videos of fraudulent sports Memorabilia on ebay as a free service to collector's... If your looking for someone to burn look elsewhere because I do not like how you are defaming my character through accusations. ...

First off, I don't seem to be defaming you. The only actually allegation I'll put out here is this, I think your trying to turn this into something it's not and hoping this thread gets locked to prevent you from owning up to your actions.

Money is an issue to everyone, so let's get that straight. Why sell anything if you money isn't, if money's not a issue, just buy a storage locker for anything you didn't wish to display.

Your response to all of this is "I would have shill bid this a lot higher" . It's only worth what it's worth, usually in this hobby your lucky to recover that initial investment. So while it's unrealistic to pretend you would have tripled it off this item.

As far as YT and Police go, thats great and I support it. I got out of CJ myself! actually run a pretty successful YT channel on my own.

However, what's went on here and is shown danesi, the fact you just asked how to get practice stamps of baseballs....it's just all too much to cover with "but I a good guy, your trying to defame me".

Other than my assessment that your trying to lock this thread, everything brought up has been either from your posts or your listings.

Is it safe to assume you may still have this jersey in your possession?

seanbaseball
01-14-2015, 06:50 PM
I think you are all missing the best part. He slipped the player a post it note with his name and phone number. :) :eek:

RMoody
01-14-2015, 07:05 PM
Ok, can somebody actually try to help me with this one...

http://nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1100783&auctionId=441018&pgmode2=partner
This closes out for $215

http://www.nflauction.nfl.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?auctionId=202927
This closes out a $730

The PSA numbers are one off......but they are both listed as end "backup"?

He has the jersey on his Ebay for $799 (in fairness it's the one that went for $730) but also cited he had a friend who works in the NFL get it for him.

How could they have two backups? Would CPs fall from favor in MN really constitute a $500 swing on NFLA?

danesei@yahoo.com
01-14-2015, 08:43 PM
Why wouldn't they have multiple back-up jerseys? I would assume the material probably tears easily. Also, Aloha Stadium is ridiculously hot on the field, even in late January. The back-up jerseys might be in case the players feel they need a fresh one after each quarter.

As for the price, I would think that the $500 difference probably was driven by two factors:

1) RandyMoss84GOAT bidding in the first auction. (Oddly enough, atomic912s also is a bidder in that particular auction.) This is a huge reason, since taking out the high bidder, the price likely drops down to $316.99.

2) The existence of more than one back-up jersey. Doubling the supply would greatly decrease the value of each jersey.

thomaslynch
01-14-2015, 09:24 PM
Yeah, it was possible for an eBay item to get a bid by a 0 feedback guy, but the 0 feedback guy had bid on almost all of this guys items.

ndevlin
01-14-2015, 09:29 PM
Shrill..

fen1kuk
01-14-2015, 10:20 PM
How could they have two backups? Would CPs fall from favor in MN really constitute a $500 swing on NFLA?

The player was picked for 'Team Sanders' and these jerseys are made up for if he was picked by 'Team Rice'.

admin_old
01-14-2015, 11:17 PM
Thank you for bringing this information to the forum's attention.

mbenga28
01-15-2015, 07:28 AM
On the topic of ethics, should a collector take the courtesy to wash or wipe after they personally wore it?

Consider wearing a pair of game worn cleats to take one's dog out to the park, the cleats come in contact with some grass and feces from the dog while cleaning up, feces dry, collector sells two months later. Someone buys the cleats believing it was caked field dirt originally embedded underneath the cleats. Has that happened to anyone here?

helf35
01-15-2015, 08:04 AM
Personally i cant figure out why anyone would want to spend $ on a collectors item and then wear it what is the point? Your buying these items to display not to wear. I like the comment before where how the hell do you know he didnt have taco bell. That would increase the value right? John Randle game worn eating taco bell jersey. Maybe you can photo match the fire sauce stain!

admin_old
01-15-2015, 11:23 AM
I'm going to lock this thread now, appropriate action was taken.