PDA

View Full Version : Steiner "game Issued" Jason Giambi Jersey

2000mvpfan
01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
http://cgi.ebay.com/JASON-GIAMBI-Game-Issued-Home-Jersey-YANKEES-STEINER_W0QQitemZ140071598152QQihZ004QQcategoryZ60 597QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

.....What exactly is Steiner thinking with this LOA?How can a replica jersey be "game issued".This is nothing more than an authentic jersey that was available during '03 (note the 100th anniversary and World Series patches) at any Modell's or MLB.com.Tag in the neck,"R" embroidered on the sleeve...and it's game issued?This seems pretty reckless as the seller goes on to explain this jersey was issued (but not worn) to Giambi for use in a game,possibly even the World Series.If Steiner's LOA had just called it an Authentic replica,no problem...but what they've written it up as is MIGHTY misleading!

Just goes to prove what gets said a million times over on this site:Do Your Homework!!

-Joe

whatupyos
01-06-2007, 12:50 AM
Good point Joe. I've been hunting for a Giambi gamer, an A's one and they're hard to find. I ended up winning a game used hat on ebay that was ASI authenticatedm so that was cool. I met Jason once, he's a real stand up guy. I'm also a huge McGwire collector and only am interested in A's gear, but it seems there's way more Yankess and Cardinals stuff respectively!!

Aaron

suave1477
01-06-2007, 01:29 AM
2000mvp I have to disagree with you!!! not in a bad way though!!!

But who is to say that the seller isnt trying to pass off the retail Jersey as a Giambi Game Issued????

Your automatically blaming Steiner which isn't fair because Steiner isn't the one selling it!!!

Its not like a person has to do much work to switch information to another jersey. I am nto saying the current seller did this it could have been sold to him like this from either Steiner or another seller or he might have well did it himself. But it is unfair to blame Steiner!!

jessicawinters
01-06-2007, 01:47 AM
Suave, in the LOA, Steiner did say that it's a "Replica."

I believe this jersey has been talked about before.

2000mvpfan
01-06-2007, 02:14 AM
Suave-
....what concerns me is not the seller's description,but STEINER'S LOA which describes the jersey as being a game-issued replica.Face it,Steiner dropped the ball on this one....this isn't the first time they've been taken to task for not knowing what they've got.As far as the seller,he's just describing the item based on what Steiner wrote in their own LOA...unless you're saying that the seller faked a Steiner LOA,which I find highly unlikely.

As the Mad Dog might say,"Bad job by Steiner on this one,Mikey"...

Joe

suave1477
01-06-2007, 02:28 AM
Ok I read the letter I agree with what your saying but here is something interesting the seller is showing a World Series patch but thats not stated in the LOA.

2000mvpfan
01-06-2007, 02:37 AM
Suave-
If you also notice,there's an MLB hologram on the Authentic tag.Why try to fake this jersey when it's that simple to go to MLB's website and see what they say the jersey is.I'm not bashing Steiner..they have some great stuff (though I'd never pay their prices on Giambi game used),but face the facts-they screwed this one up royally.

Joe

suave1477
01-06-2007, 02:58 AM
I agree with you this could definitely be a mess up but as far as referring to a Mlb hologram it looks like a Steiner Hologram not an Mlb. Could be wrong though!!

2000mvpfan
01-06-2007, 03:11 AM
Suave-
..No..those perfectly round holos are MLB,Steiner's are more of an oval shape.

Joe

suave1477
01-06-2007, 03:57 AM
2000mvp actually the new steiner holograms are oval the older ones were perfectly circle. Which they recently introduced the oval ones so if this sold a while ago chances are its a Steiner Hologram. What makes it even more sure its a Steiner Holgram is that MLB usuallt places there holgrams on the number on the back, Steiner usually places them on the tag on the front.

JETEFAN
01-06-2007, 02:36 PM
I don't even want to get started on this one, but would love to hear what all the Steiner supporters have to say about this one, it seems highly unlikely that the Yankees would have pulled this one from George's vault of goodies as part of "The Yankees-Steiner Collectibles program, a direct partnership between the New York Yankees Baseball Club and the Steiner Sports Memorabilia," they hope that you enjoy adding this "amazing item to you collection!!! :eek: Glad it wasn't me:D

allstarsplus
01-11-2007, 03:12 PM
I don't even want to get started on this one, but would love to hear what all the Steiner supporters have to say about this one, it seems highly unlikely that the Yankees would have pulled this one from George's vault of goodies as part of "The Yankees-Steiner Collectibles program, a direct partnership between the New York Yankees Baseball Club and the Steiner Sports Memorabilia," they hope that you enjoy adding this "amazing item to you collection!!! :eek: Glad it wasn't me:D

We previously discussed this jersey and whoever did the LOA screwed up, pure and simple. “Game Issued” and “replica” do not belong in the same description.

Unless the COA is a fake, it appears to be an honest mistake. As a matter of fact, that jersey should not even have an LOA, the only replicas they sell are ones that are signed, so it would normally have just a COA card—with that jersey being unsigned, there is really nothing to authenticate.

Bob Malandro has a great site on eBay with jerseys for anyone that hasn't seen it.

http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfgtpZ1QQfrppZ25QQsassZrmmm912

That's my opinion as a Steiner supporter!!! Andrew

JETEFAN
01-16-2007, 07:25 PM
More of the same from Steiner, as far as I am concerened, there is no room for this type of "Honest mistake" from Steiner. But when you have no clue of what you are selling, I can see how this would happen!! Too bad for the average Joe collector who is banking on Steiner's reputation and affiliation with the Yankees. If this was an Honest mistake the jersey being a replica, would be signed and the letter would have stated so. The mistake would have been in including the word "issued" clearly this is not the case. Using the word "replica" should have been followed by their search for the autograph.:confused:

George