PDA

View Full Version : Jim Edmonds Bat - eBay

adambirenbaum
12-31-2014, 12:26 AM
Hope this finds everyone well. I'm a new user to the forum and posting for the first time. I recently came across a Jim Edmonds Hoosier bat on eBay:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/St-Louis-Cardinals-Jim-Edmonds-Game-Used-Autographed-Bat-/131391873648?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item1e9790e270

As I am also relatively new to the game used bat space and have generally only felt comfortable purchasing items authenticated by PSA/DNA (ideally John Taube himself), I wanted to seek out help from the community as I figure some of the lesser end Cardinals bats I go after are less likely to have PSA/DNA authentication due to the expense. I have made contact with Jeff Scott of BirdBats as a resource (learned of him through this site, actually) and plan to get-together with him in January.

Getting back to the bat itself, I thought Jim Edmonds generally used LS bats so was not familiar with his use of a Hoosier bat - though the tape job seems like his traditional approach. Anyone have reactions to its authenticity? Also, any general guidance on how you analyze bats like this would be greatly appreciated.

Finally, I'm looking for game used bats (pretty heavy use and ideally uncracked) from Cardinals from the past like Jack Clark, Vince Coleman, Ray Lankford, Willie McGee and Tommy Herr (though I may have found those), John Tudor, Andy Van Slyke, Tito Landrum, Bernard Gilkey, Pedro Martinez, Andres Galaragga, Milt Thompson, Todd Zeile, Jose Oquendo, Terry Pendleton, Tom Pagnozzi, etc. (only bats during their time with the Cardinals). Let me know if anyone has anything interesting!

Thanks in advance
Adam

seanbaseball
12-31-2014, 03:48 PM
Jeff Scott is the Cardinal bat expert....no doubt. Another source for Cardinal bats is Jason. His email is lakeside62401@hotmail.com

adambirenbaum
12-31-2014, 06:38 PM
Appreciate this.

seanbaseball
12-31-2014, 06:46 PM
FYI I sold the seller the Edmonds bat for $250 a little bit ago. I believed it to be authentic but found a LS and used it to replace the Hoosier bat

STLHAMMER32
12-31-2014, 08:40 PM
FYI I sold the seller the Edmonds bat for $250 a little bit ago. I believed it to be authentic but found a LS and used it to replace the Hoosier bat

Actually it was $275 ;) I have enjoyed the bat but making room for a new purchase. It is a perfect Edmonds, the Hoosier bat is unique...wish there was more photos from earlier in his career with the redbirds. But that also allows for a reasonable price....You don't see too many Edmonds floating around.

seanbaseball
12-31-2014, 09:26 PM
Actually it was $275 ;) I have enjoyed the bat but making room for a new purchase. It is a perfect Edmonds, the Hoosier bat is unique...wish there was more photos from earlier in his career with the redbirds. But that also allows for a reasonable price....You don't see too many Edmonds floating around.

Could have been $275. Might be right. I truly believe its a good bat and certainly he's right you don't see Edmonds bats often. Tape is ideal.