PDA

View Full Version : JJ Watt Fake 2012 Game Worn Jersey on ebay - Seller Created Grass Stains and more!

Marshall
12-29-2014, 08:59 PM
ebay item# 201250962540

This JJ Watt jersey was offered on ebay as game worn. I swiftly hit the buy it now as the price was $10k cheaper than the most recent one that I have seen in the hobby. The jersey looked extremely clean so I asked the buyer did the jersey have any wear and inquired about more pictures. The seller later sent me pics of the jersey with chalk, paint and grass stains all over it. I was confused as both jerseys had the same serial # on the tag which means that both sets of photos were of the same jersey. The ebay listing Watt jersey earlier in the day had absolutely no wear and the photos of the same jersey 24 hours later had the jersey shown as DESTROYED! The jersey further does not photomatch to any game from the season and when confronted the seller said the jersey was given to him by JJ Watt right after a photo shoot and stated that he knew nothing about game use and didnt even watch football.... BUYER BEWARE! Hopefully this helps one of the many JJ Watt Fans from losing their hard earned money on a fraudulent item. The guy even created a loose thread on the front of the jersey that is seen in many game photos. Hope this helps.

seanbaseball
12-29-2014, 11:06 PM
Why would u buy a jersey with a buy it now and then ask for pictures??
Im not a football guy but Watts jerseys go for 10s of thousand of dollars?

Marshall
12-30-2014, 12:28 AM
Why would u buy a jersey with a buy it now and then ask for pictures??
Im not a football guy but Watts jerseys go for 10s of thousand of dollars?

The auction listing on ebay has photographs of the jersey clean and the additional photos that were provided that same day miraculously showed the same jersey with outstanding wear. You must either be the seller or you should work on your reading comprehension before you comment. I know what a real Watt jersey sells for because I own one. Furthermore, I won the item and I asked for additional close up photographs as the auction photos were not as clear as they could have been.

I try to keep my fellow collectors from getting ripped off and as a thank you there is always some brilliant comment. That's why I rarely post. You should buy the jersey when he relists it;)

Juan Gris
12-30-2014, 01:29 AM
Marshall, did you request a refund after already winning the auction? Are you refusing to pay based on receiving a 2nd set of pictures? We all appreciate members sharing their knowledge and experiences but this is an unusual post.

Phil316
12-30-2014, 05:49 PM
Thanks for the post a close up pictures. I have been guilty before hitting buy it now before realizing what I thought was something is actually not. Most sellers will understand some will try and puff their chest. I really do not see the big deal ESPECIALLY since it was proven to have been forged/altered.

Phil316
12-30-2014, 05:57 PM
I still do not get why the seller would post pictures of a clean jersey including close up pics of the neck tag serial number.

Then

Send you pictures of the same jersey confirmed but the neck tag serial number but it now looks like he rolled around in a dirty field and spilled Koolaid on the front.

This is nuts.

Did you ask him or her why the first set office on ebay show no use? And the ones he sent in private show use?

chargeralaska
12-31-2014, 02:42 PM
Thanks for the heads up! That's a total bummer.

Looks like he tried to copy this jersey maybe? https://www.usatodaysportsimages.com/image/thumb/600-600/6662436.jpg

Isn't that a Reebok 5" L.B. sticker on the neck tag too?

chargeralaska
12-31-2014, 02:48 PM
I think maybe some teams added those tags to their jerseys in 2012? I haven't see any is all except for a Julius Peppers jersey and I questioned that as I hadn't seen them on the Nike's. I don't know if it's accurate either way though.

Phil316
01-06-2015, 01:12 AM
jersey has resurfaced for 17 K buy it now.

CRAZY !

Follow the forgery....

http://www.ebay.com/itm/SUPER-RARE-AUTHENTIC-GAME-WORN-JJ-WATT-JERSEY-NIKE-HOUSTON-TEXANS-/191473161682?pt=US_Football_Fan_Shop&hash=item2c94b095d2

Jags Fan Dan
01-08-2015, 02:45 PM
Let's pretend the pre-use pictures did not exist. The seller knows which game the jersey was used in. This caliber of a jersey, used just two years ago, and he can't provide a better photo match? I would have that game dvd and be finding a really convincing photo match.

COWBOYS4EVR
01-08-2015, 11:52 PM
This is my favorite part.........

"It has never been washed as it now has field stains. In the picture where he is wearing the jersey, I have circled 2 areas that help identify that in fact this is the real deal."

AS IT NOW HAS FIELD STAINS 😄
And I guess the 2 circles will help PSA certify it.
Which I think PSA stands for... PURPOSELY STAIND and ALTERED

Plus who sent him the ebay questions.
It says JJ bought it, wore it and now it's his.
Since when did NFL players run down to the Pro Shop an pick up a jersey to
play in. 😯

ctguy212003
01-11-2015, 06:10 PM
Looks like someone paid 9000 on eBay for it :(

Phil316
01-11-2015, 09:04 PM
Seller ended the listing early, reserve was not met either. Keep an eye out as it will obviously come up again for auction.

Misha
01-13-2015, 07:09 AM
Note, he says he will get a COA from a PSA, not from PSA the company

Q: So before I pay it will be verified by PSA, correct?
A: Yes... The jersey will be shipped to the buyer with a COA from a reputable PSA.