PDA

View Full Version : Colorado Rockies Autographed Helmet Opinions

Wrigley2010
12-27-2014, 01:21 AM
I picked this Rockies helmet up a few years back and forgot I even owned it until I unpacked some boxes. I think I remember buying this in a lot of autographed memorabilia (mostly baseballs) most of which had MLB or PSA authentication.

Could I get some opinions on these autographs so I can sell this helmet with confidence? In my opinion the helmet looks good but I'm going on the main auto's Cargo, Tulo and Ubaldo. All three are incredibly basic autographs so I wasn't comfortable selling this going on just those three. There is a bit of smearing from the helmet being handled while being autographed making some of the signatures tough to decipher. I know I could do PSA but a hundred dollars plus shipping costs is basically the value of the helmet. Thanks in advance!

Cheers,
Joe

lengthwise1
12-28-2014, 12:43 PM
looks ok to me and I've been getting Rockies autos for years. With that said, too bad about the smudged ones on the brim, Spilly, Fowler and not sure on the middle one. I recognize everything else on the helmet if you want assistance.

Wrigley2010
12-28-2014, 01:41 PM
Lengthwise thanks a bunch. The smudges are a bummer and unfortunately are on several spots of the helmet. With that being said I didn't even know I owned the helmet so any money I get from it's sale is a windfall for me. Thanks again.

xpress34
12-29-2014, 10:46 PM
Going L-R, L-R, etc here is what I have - I'm only not certain on the center bill because of the smudge, but the last name matches well with his signature...

Picture 1:
Ian Stewart (upper left)
Greg Reynolds (upper right)
Matt Belisle (lower left)
Jim Tracy (lower right)
Ryan Spillborgh (left bill)
Alan Johnson (middle bill) ???
Dexter Fowler (right bill)

Picture 2:
Carlos Gonzalez

Picture 3:
Greg Reynolds (top)
Jim Tracy (bottom)
Alan Johnson (middle bill) ???
Dexter Fowler (right bill)

Picture 4:
Johnny Herrera (top)
Ubaldo Jimenez (center)
Troy Tulowitzki (back)
Glenallen Hill(lower)

Picture 5:
Troy Tulowitzki

Picture 6:
Jason Hammel (top left)
Seth Smith (top right)
Franklin Morales (middle)
Jose Lopez (lower left)
Ty Wiggington (lower right)
Ian Stewart (front)
Ryan Spillborgh (bill)

This is a 2011 team project as evidenced by Ty Wiggington's auto - his only year with the team.

All the best -

Smitty

xpress34
12-29-2014, 10:47 PM
BTW - I have no doubt on the authenticity of those autos and I'm sure Lengthwise will agree with me.

- Smitty

Wrigley2010
12-30-2014, 01:32 AM
BTW - I have no doubt on the authenticity of those autos and I'm sure Lengthwise will agree with me.

- Smitty

Smitty, thanks a bunch. I'm glad my thoughts on the helmet being good were confirmed. Also, for the list of players who signed it that was killer man, thank you.

lengthwise1
12-30-2014, 01:42 PM
damn Smitty, Alan Johnson, I was stumped on that one!!

See you at the fest!