PDA

View Full Version : Canseco 1985 Call Up uniform

GrndSlm
01-04-2007, 05:29 PM
I have been asked to post a pic of my Jose Canseco 1985 Sept. call up uniform. I hope this comes out !!

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

JasonM33
01-04-2007, 08:51 PM
Great stuff.

camarokids
01-07-2007, 12:41 AM
Hi Juan , you are quite lucky to own such items (the 40/40 stuff too). I never could get Jose's autograph . So one night after giving up months before . I called into a sports talk radio show with Jose on live . I spoke with him and explained my situation . Jose told me to wave a flag with writing on it at the ballpark . Needless to say I didn't go that far . I heard he was in St. petersburg ,FL last month riding his motorcycle. I live there , I would love to really meet him . After 2 seasons at Tampa Bay never did. My worst experience with him was at Al Lang Field parking lot , Spring Training 2000 , 7:30 am . I was the only person around and asked Jose for an autograph please and all he did was grumble something and walked on . After that I stayed away from baseball till the 2005 season . Then thanks to my little boy being born I started to collect again a few months later . Do you know when he is coming back to St. Pete? Thank you !!!!

indyred
01-07-2007, 01:34 PM
Very nice jersey. I always liked that yellow alternate. Did the A's use that style after 1985?

CansecoPower33
01-07-2007, 05:17 PM
Wow!

Indy, they wore that style up to and including 1986. I believe the dates would be 1983-1986.

GrndSlm
01-08-2007, 06:09 PM
Camaro, sorry to here what happened in St. Pete. Like everyone else, these players are just regular guys and sometimes early in the morning they might not be in the best behavior. This is what probably happened to Jose. Why dont you email me your address and I will make sure you get an autograph. I have a ton of Jose items with me and it will make it easier on you.

Thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

camarokids
01-08-2007, 09:07 PM
Hi Juan,
Wow, that's a very gratious offer from you . I actually have his auto on 4 or 5 different team balls , 2 of his game bats and a team signed hard plastic sign advertising the series played between the BRaves and Devil Rays in Venezuela (spring training 2000) , I bought most all off ebay, but I never received one in person (which if you collect sigs , has more meaning). In 1998 and 1999 Mike DiFelice gave me a gamer:D and each year got them signed by the team in gold (very nice) (still have them). They are a pain in the butt to complete , on one of them my gold pen exploded on Larry Rothschild and got all on his hand & uniform (he wasn't too happy about that). Great memories though . In 1999 I got most of the team to sign it except Jose . I have talked to Jim (at www.josecanseco.com (http://www.josecanseco.com) ) before about paying to ship the bat to Jose and pay for him to sign but , Jim didn't know when Jose would be available to sign it and was concerned about getting the bat back to me . I heard Jose was hanging out at the The Quaker State Lube (a bar and grill, I think , never been there) and signing auto's for people . Unfortunately I found out after the fact .
That's very kind of you to offer the auto, but I would feel bad accepting it . I wasn't trying to be a pain in the butt , nor complain . I appreciate the fact of just being able to communicate with someone of your stature in the baseball world . I bought the last Devil Ray bat that Jose owned (according to Jim)from his website . Also one from ReggieJackson.com via ebay . If you want to talk baseball or go to HOOters (it's right down the road) if you come to St. Pete . dzscope@earthlink.net . Thank you very much :)!!!

GrndSlm
01-09-2007, 04:04 PM
Camaro, believe me that there is no stature here....I appreciate your kind words but I am just a guy who really enjoys what he does. I was very lucky in falling in love with a hobby that has helped me represent ballplayers. I was 15 when Cal Ripken Jr. gave me one of his game used bats in Miami's spring training site. That was how I really fell in love with collecting. He was a rookie that I admired and now I had something that belonged to him !!!
After college I started finding ways to keep collecting and make a living. That led to Grand Slam Marketing and our company representing ballplayers. Now, that side of the business is closed and we only negotiate players contracts.
I will be happy to send you an autograph if you still would like it. Just email me the address and I would gladly do it.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSlm@aol.com

3arod13
01-09-2007, 04:09 PM
Juan,

Would you mind posting of few pics of your treasured game used signed items, like you did with the Canseco stuff and the Arod Grand Slam bat? I enjoy seeing what others have in their collections.

GrndSlm
01-10-2007, 05:52 PM
Here is another Canseco game used assortment.

GrnSlm@aol.com

GrndSlm
01-10-2007, 06:00 PM
Here is a 1986 Home Canseco.
GrndSlm@aol.com

GrndSlm
01-10-2007, 06:02 PM
I really nice 1997 Cy Young Year Roger Clemens complete uniform.

GrndSlm@aol.com

GrndSlm
01-10-2007, 06:05 PM
Some Future HOF bats...McGwire 1998, (3) Rickey Hendersons, Pujols and the Arod Grand Slam bat.

GrndSLm@aol.com

GrndSlm
01-10-2007, 06:10 PM
Here is the last photo.....I will periodically post more items for you to see.
Here is an assortment of game used bats from some HOF'ers.( Tony Perez Rookie, Pete Rose early 60's, Johnny Bench early 70's, Joe Morgan early 70's, Frank Robinson early 60's, Minnie Minoso All Star bat from 1957, and a Rooke Eddie Murray

GrndSlm@aol.com

3arod13
01-10-2007, 08:00 PM
Here is another Canseco game used assortment.

GrnSlm@aol.com

Juan,

Wow! What awesome game used pieces you have! Thanks for sharing!

Tony

JasonM33
01-10-2007, 09:32 PM
Wow thanks Juan. I though you mentioned that you had an 1988 road jersey in your collection. Would you mind showing pics of that one? I've never seen one of those before. Sorry to be a pest.

-Jason M

GrndSlm
01-11-2007, 04:47 PM
I am going to be traveling this week. I have email access but most of my collection is put away. I will unpack some other items when I return.

thanks,
Juan Iglesias
GrndSLm@aol.com