PDA

View Full Version : Alstott jersey on Ebay - Miedema COA

jake33
12-19-2014, 04:39 PM
I believe I used to own this jersey about 10 years ago and felt it was a doctored jersey that was previously issued. Now, I am not 100% certain that it indeed was that, but from back then when I watched Bucs videos that Alstott played in wearing red in the 2000 season, I could not find anything that I felt comfortable with calling it used by Alstott. Plus there were at least 4 or 5 Adidas Issued Alstott jerseys that hit ebay back in 2001 and wonder if it was one of those....
Again nto sayign anything for certain, but Dave can you shed some light at all?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2000-Tampa-Bay-Buccaneers-Mike-Alstott-40-Game-Used-Red-Home-Jersey-/361155439932?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item54168aad3c

sox83cubs84
12-19-2014, 05:57 PM
Jake:

I no longer have the item in my possession, but the wear and sleeve cut led me to believe it to be an Alstott gamer.

Dave M.

Phil316
12-19-2014, 07:12 PM
It actually comes with Dave's "letter of opinion" and is just that, an opinion. This in my opinion is what most 3rd party authentication is. By making it an opinion the authenticator takes the responsibility off of them if it turns out to be non authentic.

That being said aside from a few mix ups I would trust Dave's opinion more than most. But hey that is just my opinion lol.

TwinLakesPark
12-20-2014, 09:42 AM
The way Alstott ran, the shoulders should be covered in hit marks, and I am not seeing any. The wear on the tagging looks like it was worn 10 times, but there are no hit marks? And the size tag missing, really? It looks like someone just rolled around in the dirt and keep washing it, which is not how Alstott ran.

Your gut was right Jake, and you watched him play as much as I did.