PDA

View Full Version : Do Orioles sell GU/TI items directly to fans?

Swedescott
12-16-2014, 11:37 AM
Apologies for my ignorance, but do the Orioles have a method for fans to access team-issued and game-used items?

For example, the Rockies have an MLB Authentics stand in Coors Field, and the Phillies have both an in-stadium stand and an email distribution list you can buy directly from.

Thank you very much in advance for your help, I greatly appreciate it.

mr.miracle
12-16-2014, 02:28 PM
Yes they do so via two formats. Art of the Game at Camden Yards handles all of the game used sales onsite via their store in the warehouse on Eutaw Street. You can reach Andrew Lang at allstarsplus@aol.com.

The team also sells very heavily through the MLB auction platform.

Hope that helps and good luck

Swedescott
12-16-2014, 04:38 PM
Thank you very much for that information, I appreciate your time and effort on my behalf!

3arod13
12-16-2014, 05:52 PM
This is Andrews store inside the ballpark. I bought an Alex Rodriguez Game Used MLB Authenticated ball from him following the game. Great guy to deal with!

Thinking
12-18-2014, 04:02 PM
Not a big fan of their auctions on mlb site. They always have ridiculously high reserve prices so I stopped bothering to bid on anything from there. Unlike the phillies who also auction on mlb site but never have a reserve. You need to trust the market will set the price right and not try to squeeze every last dollar to the point you alienate fans.

Swedescott
12-18-2014, 07:46 PM
Thanks for all the very good insight on this post! I was honestly trying to educate myself when it looked like Charlie Manuel may take the hitting coach position, because I am a HUGE fan and collector of Charlie items. But it was reported he turned it down today so I'm back to looking for his Phillies items.

sprint23
12-20-2014, 03:18 PM
Not a big fan of their auctions on mlb site. They always have ridiculously high reserve prices so I stopped bothering to bid on anything from there. Unlike the phillies who also auction on mlb site but never have a reserve. You need to trust the market will set the price right and not try to squeeze every last dollar to the point you alienate fans.

Couldn't agree more. I've watched the same item be listed weekly month after month and never hit the reserve. I've also watched weeks where page after page of items are listed and only a ball or something small actually hit the mark and sell. At some point you would think the realization would be made that the reserve price is too high but never seems to happen. As you said the market dictates the price.