PDA

View Full Version : New User - GU Bat price help

aphanna25
12-08-2014, 02:14 PM
Hi everyone -

New user here and I need a little help. I've been a long time collector of Red Sox game used bats from the 40's to present. I'm at the point where I'm going to start to selling some off. I see on this site there is a "Bat Price Guide" which will give me the latest values and selling prices, but for some reason, when I try to upgrade to a "Basic" Membership, the GUU website isn't accepting payments via credit card. I am getting an error message when I try to sign up. The GUU phone number on "Contact Us" is also disconnected. Is this aspect of the site still up and running? How do users here normally put a fair value assessment on their items? Thanks very much for the help.

red33sox
12-08-2014, 02:35 PM
Let me know what you have!
pjlepakATsbcglobalDOTnet

BirdsOnBat
12-08-2014, 02:38 PM
This should help to some extent.

http://www.psacard.com/BatFacts/

aphanna25
12-08-2014, 02:46 PM
Thanks, am aware of the PSA one and it does help to some extent for the HOF guys. Some of what I'm looking to unload first will be guys that were popular locally, such as Jackie Jensen, Walt Dropo, and Mike "Pinky" Higgins. I obviously know what I have into them, but these were bought years ago, so there will be fluctuations both in my favor and against. Does anyone here use the "Bat Price Guide" - still up and running? I'm curious as to why it won't let me upgrade my membership here if it is....

spartakid
12-08-2014, 04:01 PM
Looking at eBay and recent auction results is always a good place to start

spartanservitto
12-08-2014, 05:40 PM
If you have a Nomar gamer - I would be interested

earlywynnfan
12-08-2014, 05:48 PM
Thanks, am aware of the PSA one and it does help to some extent for the HOF guys. Some of what I'm looking to unload first will be guys that were popular locally, such as Jackie Jensen, Walt Dropo, and Mike "Pinky" Higgins. I obviously know what I have into them, but these were bought years ago, so there will be fluctuations both in my favor and against. Does anyone here use the "Bat Price Guide" - still up and running? I'm curious as to why it won't let me upgrade my membership here if it is....

I can't imagine any kind of "price guide" is going to be current. I'd check with MEARS or Hunt's or other auction houses for prices realized. You'll have to search comparable players, though, since I can't remember any of the three you mentioned being sold.

FWIW, and this is going to anger people, you may want to consider an auction format. I know I'd be interested in two of these, and I'm sure I'm not the only one.

Ken

aphanna25
12-08-2014, 06:21 PM
I've been considering auction, just to let the market decide what the value on these should be given how scarce some of these gamers may be. I'm going to do some more digging around for comparable players in each era for a base comparison, and if it's too difficult to ascertain, may just let the auctions fly.

Yes, I've got a Nomar as well, but that is one I am likely to keep for the time being.

Thanks

soxbats
12-08-2014, 06:44 PM
Hi, I am a collector of Red Sox bats, mostly from 1960 to the present and I would be very interested in talking to you about your collection. And a possible bulk purchase. I have thought at times about liquidation strategy, although not interested in doing that now, still acquiring. I can also give you a decent idea about pricing.

Feel free to email me at soxbats at aol dot com

Thanks!

ndevlin
12-08-2014, 08:45 PM
Play around on this and see if it's helpful..

https://www.pricerealized.com/#/

I could be interested in a few players if you have them, if you would like to contact me-- nathanieldevlin@yahoo dot com

admin_old
12-08-2014, 10:17 PM
Hi everyone -

New user here and I need a little help. I've been a long time collector of Red Sox game used bats from the 40's to present. I'm at the point where I'm going to start to selling some off. I see on this site there is a "Bat Price Guide" which will give me the latest values and selling prices, but for some reason, when I try to upgrade to a "Basic" Membership, the GUU website isn't accepting payments via credit card. I am getting an error message when I try to sign up. The GUU phone number on "Contact Us" is also disconnected. Is this aspect of the site still up and running? How do users here normally put a fair value assessment on their items? Thanks very much for the help.

Hi, welcome to the site. Unfortunately, the premium memberships and bat price guide are not currently available. Recent previous auction results probably are the best indication of the open market value. Many game used items are unique in characteristics and prices can vary greatly. Fortunately, on the forum, you are surrounded by many hobby enthusiast, dealers, collectors and experts. Thanks,

Doug