PDA

View Full Version : Frank Thomas Game Used Bat

helf35
12-02-2014, 01:12 PM
I have a Hoosier bat I purchased from the white sox a long time ago and I recently found this one and everything matches up with exception of the engraving. The F engraving is different then any other Hoosiers I have seen. Has anyone else seen this or can explain it.

1929tudor
12-02-2014, 01:36 PM
I live about 10 miles from the Hoosier Bat Co in Northern Indiana and I would say to call them cause they are good people over there and ask them directly to get a concrete answer to your question. I don't have a phone number handy but try Googling them and find a number. I have been there a few times.

sportsnbikes
12-03-2014, 12:37 AM
To me it looks like someone had it engraved after the fact. I would think that since the other font on there isn't engraved, then the name wouldn't be either.

R_Aaronson
12-03-2014, 06:50 AM
I have a Prince Fielder Hoosier and the name is the only thing engraved on the barrel. So that part is correct, I believe.

-Randy

helf35
12-03-2014, 10:15 AM
I contacted Hoosier and they said they indeed made that bat. They told me that at one time it was changed by the Frank's request. They told me there are several variations of the engraving and most times players request it to be changed many times for whatever reason.

ndevlin
12-06-2014, 09:39 AM
For what it's worth, that is a correct model for him too...