PDA

View Full Version : Need Help With Some Pants......

kylehess10
01-03-2007, 02:37 PM
I recently purchased a pair of unwashed Michael Tucker game worn 2006 alt. pants from Steiner and the tagging looks a little different then what I have seen before. Does anyone know what the "OB" and "P2" means? Also, since these are unwashed and covered in dirt, I'll offer $10 paypal if anyone can find a photomatched picture.

skipcareyisfat
01-03-2007, 02:54 PM
Kyle - It's not exactly a match, but this photo was taken during Game 2 of the NLCS. Maybe the dirt on the back leg came from this slide. From looking at other NLCS shots, this might've been the only home game that they didn't wear pinstripes. And by the way, as a Braves fan you're not supposed to be buying game used Mets stuff. :)
Jason

kylehess10
01-03-2007, 03:07 PM
Kyle - It's not exactly a match, but this photo was taken during Game 2 of the NLCS. Maybe the dirt on the back leg came from this slide. From looking at other NLCS shots, this might've been the only home game that they didn't wear pinstripes. And by the way, as a Braves fan you're not supposed to be buying game used Mets stuff. :)
Jason

yea I saw that pic already, I was guessing the same but am unsure though. I know that equipment from the NLDS/NLCS was unwashed so I'm hoping it was worn then. And about the Braves/Mets thing...I just couldn't resist. :D I love unwashed equipment and it was at a cheap price.

skipcareyisfat
01-03-2007, 04:04 PM
Okay, I'm a hypocrite because I actually have a couple of their helmets. :D :eek: :eek: :eek:

suave1477
01-03-2007, 04:20 PM
yea I saw that pic already, I was guessing the same but am unsure though. I know that equipment from the NLDS/NLCS was unwashed so I'm hoping it was worn then. And about the Braves/Mets thing...I just couldn't resist. :D I love unwashed equipment and it was at a cheap price.

Kylehess did you recently purchase those pants from Steiner because if you did recently a lot of the items they have been pushing into sales have been the NLDS/NLCS Game Used items - I would say most likely those are where the pants came from.

Also I would say if you pay attention to the photo and the dirt marks on the pants, would make it a near match. Look where is he is sliding into the base knee first towards the right side and at an angle where he is gonna land on his butt on his right side when he hits the ground, those would be the same marks on the pants.

allstarsplus
01-03-2007, 05:20 PM
I recently purchased a pair of unwashed Michael Tucker game worn 2006 alt. pants from Steiner and the tagging looks a little different then what I have seen before. Does anyone know what the "OB" and "P2" means?
Sweeet pickup! Usually where the P2 is would be a S1 or S2 etc. so that should correspond to Playoffs Set 2.

I see OB all the time on pants and never have received a definitive answer as to what it means. I was told that it is an alteration code. I have tried to compare pants with the OB and without and still don't see the difference.

Andrew

kylehess10
01-03-2007, 05:33 PM
Thanks everyone!

suave- Yes, I purchased them last week from Steiner on eBay

jake33
01-03-2007, 08:06 PM
MY GOD!!! when i read the title of this post, I thought it was a sexual thing. Thank goodness it wasn't.

kylehess10
01-03-2007, 08:13 PM
I e-mailed Steiner about the pants and got this response:

"Kyle,

Thanks for the feedback; the pants may very well be from the playoffs--they were in the very last collection of items we received from Shea in 2006. But I have to be honest and say that I am not 100% sure if P2 refers to playoffs. I will check with the Mets for you and see if I can get a definitive answer...Bob"

hblakewolf
01-03-2007, 08:50 PM
Bob and the folks at Steiner should receive a huge THANK YOU for this type of simply insightful information. How difficult can it possibly be to develop some type of inventory as to when these items were used?

I strongly suggest that Steiner either seek the assistance of someone like Barry Meisel at MeiGray or work with the Mets and Yankees equipment managers to inventory their items accordingly.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 03:49 AM
I have found so many pictures during this slide but not afterwards to see what the dirt stains look like. The way he is positioned when he slides does look to be the right way in order to have stains in the exact spots on the pants. Still looking though........

cbb5
01-04-2007, 07:28 AM
I have seen pictures of al ot of Mets pants from 2005 and 2006. The P1, etc. is on all of them. I believe this just refers to Pants 1, Pants 2, etc. I have seen two types of codes of the pants as well - C or OB. I believe this refers to the bottom band (around the ankle). C would be cuffed (an elastic band would be sewn in like a normal baseball pant). OB would be "open Bonds"or "open bottom" style (sort of like pajamas where the hem just droops over the cleat. Here is a reference to that term:
http://www.baseballsales.net/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=35_24_36&products_id=132

cbb5
01-04-2007, 07:33 AM
Here are some 2005 pants with the Px designation to show that it definitely does not mean playoffs.

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 01:29 PM
Well Steiner e-mailed me back again and told me that these are not from the NLCS, but from 8/26/06. Here's their response:

"Kyle, here is the response I received from the Mets

We collected one pair of Tucker White Alt pants this season (MLB hologram: BB234315), the pair was collected after the 8/26/06 game against the Phillies. Tucker pinch hit for O. Perez in the 5th inning and was walked. An infield fly from Reyes held Tucker at 1st for the 1st out of the inning. LoDuca then hit into a double play (Rollins, Utley, Howard) which lead to the dirt on the pants from Tucker sliding into 2nd."

It's really neat though knowing how exactly he got the dirt on the pants

suave1477
01-04-2007, 01:59 PM
I find it interesting how the dirt on his pants would seem to be a match from that gettys photo and yet he did it the same way from another game, but I guess he would have a pretty consistant routine of how he slides into a base.

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 02:16 PM
I find it interesting how the dirt on his pants would seem to be a match from that gettys photo and yet he did it the same way from another game, but I guess he would have a pretty consistant routine of how he slides into a base.

That's what my brother said. He told me that he probably slides the same way every time. But anyways I'm downloading the video from that game right now (MLB has every game for only $3.95) and hopefully I can get a photomatch

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 04:28 PM
ok the game finally finished downloading and I saw the slide. They didn't show a shot of him after the slide but I'm still watching the game still. Here's some shots that I got though already of him wearing the pants:

chicagoglen
01-04-2007, 04:48 PM
Where on MLB can you buy game videos?

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 05:21 PM
Where on MLB can you buy game videos?

I went to the "top plays archive" on the Mets website and went to the top plays for August 26th. When I view a video it says "Download This Game For $3.95". I think it's only for 2006 games though

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 07:08 PM
PHOTOMATCH!!! PHOTOMATCH!!! PHOTOMATCH!!!!!!!! I FOUND IT!!

Look towards the right and you can clearly see the dirt stains, all matching my pants.

metsbats
01-04-2007, 08:16 PM
I have a pair of Piazza 2004 home white gu pants which is tagged

31 Piazza 34-36 34 04 P6

The Mets definitely did not make the playoffs in 2004.

It would be interesting to see what Bob comes up with.

David

metsbats
01-04-2007, 08:19 PM
I have a pair of Piazza 2004 home white gu pants which is tagged

31 Piazza 34-36 34 04 P6

The Mets definitely did not make the playoffs in 2004.

It would be interesting to see what Bob comes up with.

David

Pls note I'm not saying Kyle pants could not have been playoff worn as the 2006 jerseys were not tagged with any special playoff tagging and most likely same with the pants.

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 08:38 PM
Pls note I'm not saying Kyle pants could not have been playoff worn as the 2006 jerseys were not tagged with any special playoff tagging and most likely same with the pants.

If you go back a few posts, you'll see that I already found out that they were not worn in the playoffs. They were worn on August 26th. I already found a photomatch too

metsbats
01-04-2007, 08:52 PM
If you go back a few posts, you'll see that I already found out that they were not worn in the playoffs. They were worn on August 26th. I already found a photomatch too

Yes I just noticed I posted the obvious. Great pants and congrats on the photo match!

-David

kylehess10
01-04-2007, 10:08 PM
Wow I found yet another photomatch from the video. Look for the big brown butt on the right side of the picture :D

Rmmm912
01-08-2007, 10:58 AM
I think this was answered with considerable detail...and within a few hours of the inquiry...if you read further down, it appears as if Kyle was kind enough to post this info as well....thanks for the "suggestion" though

Bob and the folks at Steiner should receive a huge THANK YOU for this type of simply insightful information. How difficult can it possibly be to develop some type of inventory as to when these items were used?

I strongly suggest that Steiner either seek the assistance of someone like Barry Meisel at MeiGray or work with the Mets and Yankees equipment managers to inventory their items accordingly.

Howard Wolf
hblakewolf@patmedia.net