PDA

View Full Version : Albert Almora game used bat

ctempleton
11-29-2014, 11:21 AM
ok ive heard numerous times his game used model bats and other items are hard to come by as he is signed with someone exclusive, i may be wrong but thought this was a nice piece to add to the cubs collection

Manram
11-30-2014, 01:04 AM
Nice piece, I have two almoras myself. Victus makes sweet bats

Wrigley2010
11-30-2014, 04:33 PM
It is definitely a nice piece to add to any collection. Albert is a sleeper prospect who is wise beyond his years when it comes to understanding the game of baseball. It took me over a year to locate one his gamers and it is definitely one of my favorite prospect bats. I never heard he had an exclusive with anyone do you know who it is with?

Manram, I agree 100% Victus bats are beautiful. Wish more players used them.

Wrigley2010
11-30-2014, 05:03 PM
Nice piece, I have two almoras myself. Victus makes sweet bats

Manram, if possible could you post pictures of your Almora's or post what the Victus model is? I'd appreciate it. I noticed my Almora was a different model than ctempleton's so I was wondering how many different models Almora uses.

Not sure of the difference between the Pro Reserve - Maple and Maple Series - Platinum.

Here's a photo of mine...

ctempleton
11-30-2014, 05:50 PM
believe he said Sids autographs, but that could have meant something different, got an incredible deal on this bat, there was no way it was going anywhere else but to my collection lol

I have a friend who lives in Scottsdale and he takes care of me with all the prospects

I have Kris bryants first rookie league bat auto'd, basically he got to the rookie league, played like 2 games then sent to low a ball and worked his way up to AAA

also added a Javier Baez bat that he used in Spring training, but i wanted to do something different with it since it wasnt a custom model for him, i had him,bryant, soler and almora sign it and its the CORE 4 bat

Manram
11-30-2014, 06:57 PM
Manram, if possible could you post pictures of your Almora's or post what the Victus model is? I'd appreciate it. I noticed my Almora was a different model than ctempleton's so I was wondering how many different models Almora uses.

Not sure of the difference between the Pro Reserve - Maple and Maple Series - Platinum.

Here's a photo of mine...

Both of mine are Maple Series- Platinum. One is all blond with a red victus logo and the other is blond handle and black barrel with blue victus logo

Wrigley2010
11-30-2014, 10:52 PM
Thanks for the info Manram. Victus was quick to contact me back with my question about the difference between the two different Maple bat types.

Here is what they said:

"Hey Joe,

There's no difference between the 2. Platinum was how we identified our maple the first year and a half and then we changed the name to reserve. Same quality...if not better now."

So our Platinum branded bats are earlier Almora models than ctempletons Reserve branded model. Essentially the same model though.

Ctempleton, I used to live in Scottsdale myself but unfortunately while I still loved baseball I was not in to collecting game used at the time. Man, I can only imagine what my collection would look like today if I was as in to collecting game used back then as I am today.

That's an awesome bat to have Bryant's Arizona League bat that is. What model is that? Is it name plated?

I never heard Almora was an exclusive of Sids Graphs but that doesn't mean he isn't. I live very close to Sid's retail store and he does all kinds of in store signings throughout the year. Soler, Abreu and lots of Blackhawks players all frequent the shop to sign autographs. I know Sids has exclusives with several minor league players including one I collect Matt Olson. Unfortunately, his prices usually keep me from adding items from Sids to my collection. For example he wants $550 + shipping for one of Matt's game used Old Hickory un-cracked autographed bats. So we probably got lucky when we obtained our Almora gamers before Sids got a hold of the majority of the market share. :D

With that being said Sids has some very reasonable prices for autographed memorabilia it's just their game used stuff that leaves me scratching my head. I mean I can get an Arismendy Alcantara GU LVS which is autographed and shows nice use for $150 from Sids or pay $550 for a guy who hasn't played above AA... Doesn't add up