PDA

View Full Version : Heritage Auctions shipping dept........sucks.

onlyalbert
11-28-2014, 10:06 PM
So Monday will be exactly 21 days they've had my money and my one lone item still has not shipped. Made a call 10 days after payment sent and was told it would ship out by weeks end with confirmation email and tracking number. Week came and went. Called this past Monday explained I wanted it to go out by Wed before the holiday rush. Was told that it should go out by Tues or Wed but if I wanted to pay an extra $15 I could guarantee that......which I did not do after explaining this was my first time bidding in their auction and first impressions and all...... And it's just one jersey! Not much packing required. Put it in a box and go! Well day 18 was today and no email. Will call again Monday day 21. Anybody have a contact there I can ask for? Anybody have this same experience? And don't get me started on trying to navigate and understand their website! Total cluster.....

BU54CB
11-28-2014, 10:21 PM
So Monday will be exactly 21 days they've had my money and my one lone item still has not shipped. Made a call 10 days after payment sent and was told it would ship out by weeks end with confirmation email and tracking number. Week came and went. Called this past Monday explained I wanted it to go out by Wed before the holiday rush. Was told that it should go out by Tues or Wed but if I wanted to pay an extra $15 I could guarantee that......which I did not do after explaining this was my first time bidding in their auction and first impressions and all...... And it's just one jersey! Not much packing required. Put it in a box and go! Well day 18 was today and no email. Will call again Monday day 21. Anybody have a contact there I can ask for? Anybody have this same experience? And don't get me started on trying to navigate and understand their website! Total cluster.....

Really, pay extra to guarantee that they ship an item that should have been shipped already? What a crock, sounds like a scam.

tjjmarshall
11-28-2014, 10:24 PM
I bought 1 item and payed by echeck. Called on Wed the 26th. Was told the hold my money for 5 days before the release to the shipping dept. Then 7-10 days till they ship, so it should ship out next week I was told. There math of days it takes to ship is just a little off.

onlyalbert
11-28-2014, 10:44 PM
I bought 1 item and payed by echeck. Called on Wed the 26th. Was told the hold my money for 5 days before the release to the shipping dept. Then 7-10 days till they ship, so it should ship out next week I was told. There math of days it takes to ship is just a little off.

That is exactly what they told me and by my count even going long on the times my item should've shipoed this Wed at the latest. Forgot to mention that my shipping and handling fees they charged me were about $32 total for one jersey. Can you imagine they needed that extra $15!

Phil316
11-28-2014, 11:24 PM
Do they not take credit cards?

I have noticed lately that shipping costs from some of these auction houses is crazy. Not to mention you would figure it would be shipped priority or something and it ships FedEx ground. lol

ShaimOnYou
11-29-2014, 12:44 PM

Don't mess around with the "help". Ask for Chris Ivy.

onlyalbert
11-29-2014, 06:04 PM
Well, this is all some really good and troubling information. I never realized consignors were allowed to shill their stuff to infinity. Prob because I would never be able to find that info on their website! Really, easily the worst and most confusing site I've ever seen. Thank you Shaim I will be calling Chris Ivy first thing Monday. This jersey was sort of a Grail. Otherwise I would've given up once I viewed the site the first time. Unless I ever see something else I can't live without I have a feeling this will be my only experience with them. And I will let them know this.....once I get confirmation my jersey is out the door.

earlywynnfan
11-29-2014, 08:05 PM
IT GETS BETTER!!!!!

There is a long thread about this over at Net54. I called Chris directly and talked to him about it. Not only can consignors bid on their own stuff, but Chris told me that HERITAGE ITSELF will sometimes put in bids if they feel that an item is undervalued! That's right: you're bidding against other bidders, the consignor, and the auction house!

I'll let that one sink in a while...

Phil316
11-29-2014, 09:22 PM
Ouch....

seanbaseball
11-29-2014, 10:20 PM
ill never bid with them again! ever!

onlyalbert
11-29-2014, 11:21 PM
IT GETS BETTER!!!!!

There is a long thread about this over at Net54. I called Chris directly and talked to him about it. Not only can consignors bid on their own stuff, but Chris told me that HERITAGE ITSELF will sometimes put in bids if they feel that an item is undervalued! That's right: you're bidding against other bidders, the consignor, and the auction house!

I'll let that one sink in a while...

Wow, I wonder if the Franklin Mint are part owners........sounds familiar. Well, once my jersey is shipped and I have tracking info I'm going to make another call and ask some questions, but this will be my one and only experience.

Phil316
11-29-2014, 11:43 PM
I often wondered what stopped auction houses and its consignor's from bidding up their own items.

Is this practice widely used?

I guess it's kinda a conflict of interest really. Not like say Ebay where it is a neutral bidding environment.

Jim65
11-30-2014, 07:53 AM
I've never done business with Heritage, I almost bid on a jersey in the last auction, now I'm glad I didn't.

Centurio
12-01-2014, 12:04 AM
I've purchased from Heritage Auctions many times (both for sports memorabilia and other items) and never had an issue. They are slow to ship, but considering they ship thousands of items a week to winners I've never felt it was unreasonable.

As a winning bidder you should have received an email giving you a direct contact number to "your" rep. Call that person. I've never had any trouble reaching anyone at HA. There is contact info all over their site.

I have had issues twice in the past and both times it was handled quickly and professionally. In both cases they bent over backwards to rectify the issue and to keep my business (and I don't spend all that much.)

As to the posts re: shill bidding I would take those with a grain of salt. None of the posters has offered anything concrete beyond (I can feel it and/or he said this.) I can tell you every item I have bought has been at far less than market value. I have purchased a couple of high end holy grail items (for me anyway) and again, paid less than half the market rate -- so I know those items weren't bid up.

earlywynnfan
12-01-2014, 08:04 AM
I've purchased from Heritage Auctions many times (both for sports memorabilia and other items) and never had an issue. They are slow to ship, but considering they ship thousands of items a week to winners I've never felt it was unreasonable.

As a winning bidder you should have received an email giving you a direct contact number to "your" rep. Call that person. I've never had any trouble reaching anyone at HA. There is contact info all over their site.

I have had issues twice in the past and both times it was handled quickly and professionally. In both cases they bent over backwards to rectify the issue and to keep my business (and I don't spend all that much.)

As to the posts re: shill bidding I would take those with a grain of salt. None of the posters has offered anything concrete beyond (I can feel it and/or he said this.) I can tell you every item I have bought has been at far less than market value. I have purchased a couple of high end holy grail items (for me anyway) and again, paid less than half the market rate -- so I know those items weren't bid up.

Glad you've had positive experiences. As for offering concrete, well, it doesn't get any more concrete to me than the president of the company telling me they bid on their own items. Give Chris a call and ask him, he's always willing to talk.

nevrdiez34
12-01-2014, 09:45 AM
I'm not a fan of Heritage auctions at all. A few years ago I won a lot for a fielding glove and jersey of the same player, the total was $1,254.85. Once I received the items I was able to determine the jersey wasn't genuine, though I still wanted the fielding glove. I emailed Heritage and after two weeks of looking into it, decided that if I'd like to keep the glove and return the jersey, they could refund $200. How exactly is that fair? Is the fielding glove really worth 85% of the jersey/glove lot? They also over charged me on sales tax and took exceedingly long to ship.

onlyalbert
12-01-2014, 02:35 PM
Well as promised, here's my update. I called this morning and asked for Chris Ivy. Of course it went to voice mail where I left a detailed message and my contact info. After waiting 2 hours I called again asking for Chris. Again voicemail. Called back and told the receptionist to give me a live person. Spoke to Marvin and explained the situation again. Marvin was very apologetic and said he would personally go down right then and make sure my package was shipped. Said he would upgrade it to next day delivery and email me my tracking info today. Do I hold my breath? Prob won't. Still no call back from Chris. Stay tuned......

Lumber 1980
12-01-2014, 04:54 PM
Good luck talking to Ivy.. He could care less as I have had experience with that individual.. Classic Auctions in Montreal Quebec allows consignors to bid on their own consigned pieces...Any house that allows this, should be out out of business...It is getting worse and worse as the greed increases from people who are not collectors and could care less if an item is good or not.. As long as they get paid, all good!

onlyalbert
12-02-2014, 06:59 PM
Ok, so I received my jersey today. A big thanks to Marvin or might be Melvin at Heritage. He did exactly as promised and even called me last evening to make sure I received the tracking info by email. Jersey was sent next day del at no additional cost to me. I appreciate all of that but 22 days after payment is still not acceptable in my opinion and will probably be my only transaction with them. I never did hear back from Chris Ivy who I was told is the director of the sports arm of Heritage. Nice jersey though and I will post it soon on its appropriate thread.