PDA

View Full Version : The best light to capture marks on GU bats

sportsnbikes
11-21-2014, 02:48 AM
Hey all, I have a few bats that are black and I am curious as to what kind of lighting you use when capturing ball marks and etc when you take a picture of your bat.

In particular, I have a bat used by Eric Hosmer and I think he has 2-HR's on the bat on July 24th of 2013 against Baltimore. But I just can't get that perfect angle. There is either a glare, or the bat isn't turned properly or whatever else. The other hinderence is also that the bat was pretty early in it's infancy so there is only a few marks to attempt the match.

Please let me know what you do to get that perfect picture of your black bat! Thanks in advance.

dangerzone79
11-21-2014, 03:28 AM
Personally, I think outside in natural sunlight seems to pick up most everything on a black bat. You just need to move around the bat & camera to find the best angle.

metsbats
11-21-2014, 06:53 AM
You can take a photo of the area of the barrel and use photoshop or mspaint to do a reverse negative of the photo. This shoujld expose the ball marks.

joelsabi
11-21-2014, 08:50 AM
You can take a photo of the area of the barrel and use photoshop or mspaint to do a reverse negative of the photo. This shoujld expose the ball marks.

i do the same but with IrfanView which is free software.

sportsnbikes
11-22-2014, 03:40 AM
i do the same but with IrfanView which is free software.

I never knew...I'll try it. Thanks guys!