PDA

View Full Version : LeBron James cavs jersey

joshmiller0
11-12-2014, 07:53 PM
Needed to bring it to the forum where only collectors could understand... nbaauctions has the tip off jerseys as usual... couple of news articles were written not believing the $8000 price tag at the time... bleacher reports comments were clearly not written by collectors

auction - http://auctions.nba.com/cgi-bin/ncommerce3/ProductDisplay?prrfnbr=35727969&prmenbr=51136034&aunbr=35727969

bleacher report: http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2263629-lebron-james-navy-cleveland-cavaliers-home-opener-jersey-is-up-for-auction

another article: http://fansided.com/2014/11/11/lebron-james-homecoming-jersey-8000/?utm_source=FanSided&utm_medium=Network&utm_campaign=RelatedCategory

My guess is the jersey will go between 30 and 50k to jtnbafan. Just thought I'd share....

xsentrixsupra
11-13-2014, 09:03 AM
Yeah I saw that too. A lot of people seemed to think that was a lot of money for a game used jersey. Another thing that at least the ESPN article didn't point out though, is that he only wore it during 1 half.

What happens to the jersey he wore in the other half? Is that 1 he keeps? Once in awhile I've seen a jersey for 1 half auctioned and then the other some time down the road, but at least for the players I've been interested in, it's rare to see the other half jersey go unless it was something like an All-star game or pro bowl.

joshmiller0
11-14-2014, 06:40 PM
Yeah I saw that too. A lot of people seemed to think that was a lot of money for a game used jersey. Another thing that at least the ESPN article didn't point out though, is that he only wore it during 1 half.

What happens to the jersey he wore in the other half? Is that 1 he keeps? Once in awhile I've seen a jersey for 1 half auctioned and then the other some time down the road, but at least for the players I've been interested in, it's rare to see the other half jersey go unless it was something like an All-star game or pro bowl.

I know at least for the Knicks and Nets that they're split between Meigray and Steiner... Like the christmas jerseys are up on the auction site and then steiner gets the other half worn jersey...

xsentrixsupra
11-15-2014, 02:08 AM
I know at least for the Knicks and Nets that they're split between Meigray and Steiner... Like the christmas jerseys are up on the auction site and then steiner gets the other half worn jersey...

Cool thanks for the info! I didn't even consider that

joshmiller0
11-20-2014, 10:12 PM
Went for just over 50k...guess jt has a new screen name as the same name won all the superstars tonight

yanks12025
11-21-2014, 04:02 PM
Can't stand people who have to buy every single items and keep them from other collectors. If only I could win the megamillions, I'd out bid this loser and not let him win anymore.

joshmiller0
11-21-2014, 10:22 PM
Can't stand people who have to buy every single items and keep them from other collectors. If only I could win the megamillions, I'd out bid this loser and not let him win anymore.

In a way, it drives up the prices for retail jerseys IMO... LeBron jersey for 10k is an absolute steal when it goes for this much on auction.... Look, if I had the money I'd buy a jersey at all costs... but I'd do it for my favorite players...not every single one.... From what I've heard, some of the jerseys are donated to be put on display...

lbjused
11-30-2014, 09:04 PM
Could jtnbafna be Justin Timberlake?

Phil316
11-30-2014, 09:29 PM
That has been the rumor for a few years.

xsentrixsupra
12-01-2014, 09:44 AM
Good for Timberlake if that is him, but you would think with all the media around him and how he seems like a pretty open and friendly guy, he would show at least some of his pieces if he has so many. Especially recently when someone called him out as a bandwagon Grizzlies fan and showed pics of him at a Lakers game in a Lakers hat, and he proceeded to in a friendly way, break down the guy trolling him. You would think that would be a perfect opportunity to show off some of his Grizzlies collection or show some of his other stuff from other teams to show how he is just a fan of the game in general.

jmeekins33
12-21-2014, 02:44 AM

I've had to bow out of collecting game used jerseys for one of my favorite players just because there are 2 or 3 serious horders of his stuff. Even if I had an unlimited supply of money, it would never occur to me to buy every single jersey of one particular player. To each their own.

CPuente57
12-21-2014, 12:14 PM
I've had to bow out of collecting game used jerseys for one of my favorite players just because there are 2 or 3 serious horders of his stuff. Even if I had an unlimited supply of money, it would never occur to me to buy every single jersey of one particular player. To each their own.

I agree..I mean I guess I see if you're a collector and you have the funds and you want any kind of special edition jerseys that come out, but I remember a couple years ago when NBA Auctions had Preseason gamers from China for Miami and there were no special tagging or anything so I thought "hey maybe I can actually get a LeBron even it's just a preseason gamer"...WRONG..JTNBAFan took em. It's pretty pointless to even try to get anything there..he takes all the good stuff but again to each their own.