PDA

View Full Version : Julius Thomas 2014 Game-Worn Jersey Worth?

Hollywood Cannon
11-11-2014, 08:16 PM
Does anyone have an idea of what a photo-matched Julius Thomas jersey from this year is worth?

The game is from 10/12/14 against the Jets where Thomas had two TD's. I saw that his gamer from 10/5/14 against the Cardinals sold for $7,000 but that was a Breast Cancer Awareness Charity so I don't know if that is a proper valuation gauge.

I am new to the world of NFL Game-Worn stuff so I have no idea what I would pay for an item like this.

Thanks,
Dan

Jags Fan Dan
11-12-2014, 09:07 AM
I'll just give my opinion: If you are buying current star player jerseys today at anywhere near those kinds of prices, with few exceptions, you are going to lose your rear end if you ever have to sell them at a later date. Let's assume Julius Thomas has a HOF career and ends up right up there with Shannon Sharpe as an all time great tight end. What do Sharpes jerseys go for? His super bowl jersey from 1997 sold for about $1k.

slab0meat
11-12-2014, 09:09 AM
Agreed with above. I can't guess to a value, but most of today's players are going (or asking) for way too much money.

ivo610
11-12-2014, 05:17 PM
Being the 1st one to own the jersey causes a jersey to be more expensive

Owning a jersey of a player that is popular right now will mean you will pay more for it than when the player is no longer in the spotlight. Exception being if the player always stays popular (those rare icons like Jordan, Barry Sanders, ect).

Even that has a limit though. Take Brett Favre, in 09 a vikings jersey of his was the hottest thing and they sold on nfl auction for 12-15k if I remember correctly. That jersey just sold for 4k at an auction.

I wouldnt be surprised to see a Thomas jersey sell for 3-5k. I wouldnt be surprised after he is out of the league for 2 years for that jersey to sell for $800

Hollywood Cannon
11-12-2014, 05:42 PM
I am normally not one to sell my gamers but do you think I could flip it quickly for my money back or profit at $3K? I am still on the fence about buying it and my time window is closing to but it. If you guys think I could make my money back or more I might buy it and decide after the fact.

RMoody
11-12-2014, 07:17 PM
I am normally not one to sell my gamers but do you think I could flip it quickly for my money back or profit at $3K? I am still on the fence about buying it and my time window is closing to but it. If you guys think I could make my money back or more I might buy it and decide after the fact.

You know what they say about people who have to ask, lol.

In this economy and market I wouldn't buy anything as a sure fire resell or flip. It's just way to risky.

If it's something you would want and the price is fair, then go for it.

If your gonna put yourself in a financial rut if you can't flip it to meet or exceed your expense, then I'd say no go.

Making money in this hobby seems to be something only a select few have the patience and desire to do, everybody else is collecting or hoarding.

Hollywood Cannon
11-12-2014, 08:10 PM
You know what they say about people who have to ask, lol.

In this economy and market I wouldn't buy anything as a sure fire resell or flip. It's just way to risky.

If it's something you would want and the price is fair, then go for it.

If your gonna put yourself in a financial rut if you can't flip it to meet or exceed your expense, then I'd say no go.

Making money in this hobby seems to be something only a select few have the patience and desire to do, everybody else is collecting or hoarding.

Thanks for all of the responses guys. Safer move is to just pass on it and only buy things I definitely want in my collection like I've done in the past. Much more enjoyable that way.

Jags Fan Dan
11-13-2014, 08:17 AM
Thanks for all of the responses guys. Safer move is to just pass on it and only buy things I definitely want in my collection like I've done in the past. Much more enjoyable that way.

I think that is a wise decision.