PDA

View Full Version : Posting photos

skyking26
10-29-2014, 08:03 AM
I have no idea how to post photos to the site? Can it be done with a smart phone?

Somebody walk me thru it?

red33sox
10-29-2014, 08:18 AM
Here is what a member told me and I got it to work:

-Click Post Reply.
-Type whatever you want in the body of your message (this will appear above your photos).
-Click Manage Attachments (under Additional Options)
-Click Browse to select a file from your computer (all photos must be less than 585.9 KB)
-Click Upload when you have your photos selected. You can only upload 3 photos at a time but you can add more than 3 photos to your post (just follow the Browse/Upload procedure again until you have all your photos attached). I think the limit of photos per post is 10 but can't recall the exact number.
-You can click Preview Post to see exactly what your post will look like with the text and images. If your photos are not visible in your post preview they will not be visible after hitting Submit Reply. I recommend doing this anytime you are posting photos just to make sure the images have uploaded properly and aren't gigantic.

Juan Gris
10-29-2014, 11:55 AM
Here is what a member told me and I got it to work:

-Click Post Reply.
-Type whatever you want in the body of your message (this will appear above your photos).
-Click Manage Attachments (under Additional Options)
-Click Browse to select a file from your computer (all photos must be less than 585.9 KB)
-Click Upload when you have your photos selected. You can only upload 3 photos at a time but you can add more than 3 photos to your post (just follow the Browse/Upload procedure again until you have all your photos attached). I think the limit of photos per post is 10 but can't recall the exact number.
-You can click Preview Post to see exactly what your post will look like with the text and images. If your photos are not visible in your post preview they will not be visible after hitting Submit Reply. I recommend doing this anytime you are posting photos just to make sure the images have uploaded properly and aren't gigantic.

Good to see my instructions worked for you! I messed up my first attempt posting a photo to this site because I copied and pasted a bad web link. It is important to click Preview Post to make sure everything loads and in the correct sizes before clicking Submit Reply because there is no edit feature.

red33sox
10-29-2014, 12:14 PM
Yes thanks! Much appreciated

Wrigley2010
10-29-2014, 12:33 PM
The above instructions are spot on. But getting the photos under the 585kb restriction can be a challenge. I've used the program below for over 5 years and it works like a charm for downsizing your photos. I typically use the medium setting but the large works quite well too.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Juan Gris
10-29-2014, 02:46 PM
The above instructions are spot on. But getting the photos under the 585kb restriction can be a challenge. I've used the program below for over 5 years and it works like a charm for downsizing your photos. I typically use the medium setting but the large works quite well too.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/

Getting images under the 585KB limit can be extremely frustrating and sites like that can be a lifesaver. Another good one I use to combine photos into one single image is

http://www.quickpicturetools.com/en/combine_images/

For combining images vertically, I click the top left Add button and select the image I want on top in the finished combo image. Next, I click the bottom left Add button and select the bottom photo. You can then change the Width of one or both of the photos until they line up on the edges and the final product will be as big or small as you want (and always under 585KB). For combining images horizontally, follow the same steps but click the top left and top right Add buttons and change the Height of one or both images until you have what you need.

When you click Generate Image you can save the combined image and, if the image size is too large you can quickly change the Height/Width until it works. Keep in mind that changing the Width of an image also changes the Height as this tool does not distort images like a fun-house mirror; it only makes them smaller or larger. Also, you can combine previously combined images to get 3, 4 or as many images as you want into a single file. This is a great tool for creating photo match image presentations.