PDA

View Full Version : MLB-authenticated holograms

BVC
10-22-2014, 03:04 PM
Can the holograms on MLB-authenticated baseballs be removed? I ask because I recently won a ball that was shipped to the wrong person. Turns out it was someone who was banned from this forum for supposedly manipulating game-used items. We have each others balls...so to speak.

What luck, huh?

Roady
10-22-2014, 04:34 PM
I'm not sure if they can be removed without leaving residue behind. And I am not sure if the residue can be removed. But I bet it can.

And speaking of the MLB hologram, could they make the numbers any smaller on the new ones? I had to use my phones QR reader app for the last one I received to be sure the number was correct. I couldn't read it even with reading glasses!

MercyMe78
10-22-2014, 11:59 PM
Can the holograms on MLB-authenticated baseballs be removed? I ask because I recently won a ball that was shipped to the wrong person. Turns out it was someone who was banned from this forum for supposedly manipulating game-used items. We have each others balls...so to speak.

What luck, huh?

I've actually tried to remove an MLB hologram from an item (one item I bought had two different MLB authentications.. so I tried to remove the incorrect one) and the hologram actually "self-destructs" so to speak. The shiny part of the hologram will detach from the top layer leaving just a clear strip/film and part of the remaining hologram. If the hologram wasn't applied all that firmly, then I guess it can be removed but it would be very hard to do

BVC
10-23-2014, 08:23 AM
Thanks for the info guys. Much appreciated.

coxfan
10-23-2014, 09:16 AM
I share the concern about excessively small numbers. Although I'm 65, I still read normally without glasses, in even small print. But when I bought a g-u ball from the 8-22-14 game (KC over Texas) from the Rangers, I had to ask my 33-year-old daughter to verify the last digit for me. I had it correct, but I couldn't be sure until her younger eyes checked it for me.

dplettn
10-23-2014, 10:59 AM
I would be grateful to know who was suspended for allegedly manipulating GU balls. I almost always buy from teams direct. But on occasion I buy second hand and would like to know of any situations in which I should have restraint.

If posting the details here are inappropriate, please be so kind to e-mail me a synopsis:

plettner at fuse dot net

BVC
10-23-2014, 11:49 AM
I would be grateful to know who was suspended for allegedly manipulating GU balls. I almost always buy from teams direct. But on occasion I buy second hand and would like to know of any situations in which I should have restraint.

If posting the details here are inappropriate, please be so kind to e-mail me a synopsis:

plettner at fuse dot net

Not 'balls' - 'items'. I found the info doing a search, so this is nothing new, and the name is irrelevant. I just mentioned it to explain why I was concerned; otherwise, it would certainly have sounded like paranoia :eek:

Regarding small print on holograms, I ran into the exact same thing at a Seattle game. I walked away and tried to read the hologram - I got '5' and '6' mixed up and had to bring the ball back and stand in line just to hear them tell me that I was blind :)