PDA

View Full Version : Goldin Auctions Catalogs should be hitting..

KGoldin
10-16-2014, 11:41 AM
let me know

Preston
10-16-2014, 11:42 AM
Received mine in the mail in Nashville, Tennessee yesterday in perfect condition.

admin_old
10-16-2014, 11:48 AM
Got mine in Iowa yesterday.

nickacs
10-16-2014, 12:05 PM
Received mine in Atlanta yesterday

helf35
10-16-2014, 12:18 PM
recieved mine a few days ago bloomington illinois.

rchimes13@yahoo.com
10-16-2014, 12:18 PM
Ohio yesterday as well

BernBabyBern
10-16-2014, 02:03 PM
Got mine in Miami, FL yesterday. Pablo

ironmanfan
10-16-2014, 02:06 PM
SE Penna has arrived

TNTtoys
10-16-2014, 02:32 PM
I was "hit" yesterday!

R_Aaronson
10-16-2014, 03:36 PM
Metro Detroit about 2 days ago

xsentrixsupra
10-16-2014, 03:55 PM
Madison WI 2 days ago

esigs
10-16-2014, 05:17 PM
I received it in Maryland yesterday.

joelsabi
10-18-2014, 05:33 PM
received mine on friday thanks.

JDF5244
10-18-2014, 10:13 PM
…got mine in Los Angeles yesterday…it's awesome!
Jordan Friedman

MSpecht
10-19-2014, 11:14 AM
San Diego 10/17

3arod13
10-31-2014, 07:45 PM
Never received one...Chesapeake, Virginia

PwKw13
10-31-2014, 07:52 PM
Never received one in New Jersey either.

KGoldin
11-01-2014, 10:43 AM
if you haven't placed a bid since jan 2013, you are no longer receiving a catalog.
if you HAVE placed a bid, and did not get a catalog, please email info@goldinauctions.com with your full name
thanks

3arod13
11-02-2014, 08:30 AM
if you haven't placed a bid since jan 2013, you are no longer receiving a catalog.

What's next? If you haven't won an auction, you will no longer receive a catalog? Sorry that there weren't any items in your catalogs that met my collecting interest or collecting needs. Catalogs are a great way to advertise. Word of mouth takes it that much farther, which I have shared those catalogs with many of my fellow collectors. To date, I have only received a total of six catalogs. And because I haven't bid, you feel it's good for your business to tell me that since I haven't bid, you're not interested in my business.

Well, if that is the case, please remove me from your email distribution list, so I no longer receive the constant emails that I receive each day!!

KGoldin
11-02-2014, 10:15 AM
[
Wow, what a reply
It's standard practice
It's computerized
When you go to print and ship catalogs you enter date and it excludes people people haven't placed a bid . It costs money to produce and mail each catalog. If we have day 2000 people who never have an interest in even placing a single bid on the list, it means an extra costs of $200,000 a year in expenses.
It's not that you have to "win" but to be blunt, it's not that difficult to log in on day one, once every two years, and place a bid on day one at an item you likely won't win because it's day one. We have run 11,000 or so items in past two years. So if someone hasn't placed a bid on ANYTHING in TWO YEARS we keep them as an active account, but do not go to the expense of a mailed catalog. Once they place a bid they are back in active system again

For you to criticize this means not only that you are criticizing every auction house, but also telling them thru cannot attempt to run their business in a manner that is not cost effective to them.
If you wish to be. Removed, email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

No one is saying you need to be wealthy or bid on hundreds of items, but not have placed a single bid ( not "win", but place one bid) in two years is a pretty low threshold to use for an auction house to stop spending $100 a year on you sending catalogs

QUOTE=3arod13;368464]What's next? If you haven't won an auction, you will no longer receive a catalog? Sorry that there weren't any items in your catalogs that met my collecting interest or collecting needs. Catalogs are a great way to advertise. Word of mouth takes it that much farther, which I have shared those catalogs with many of my fellow collectors. To date, I have only received a total of six catalogs. And because I haven't bid, you feel it's good for your business to tell me that since I haven't bid, you're not interested in my business.

Well, if that is the case, please remove me from your email distribution list, so I no longer receive the constant emails that I receive each day!![/QUOTE]

3arod13
11-02-2014, 10:22 AM
[
Wow, what a reply
It's standard practice
It's computerized
When you go to print and ship catalogs you enter date and it excludes people people haven't placed a bid . It costs money to produce and mail each catalog. If we have day 2000 people who never have an interest in even placing a single bid on the list, it means an extra costs of $200,000 a year in expenses.
It's not that you have to "win" but to be blunt, it's not that difficult to log in on day one, once every two years, and place a bid on day one at an item you likely won't win because it's day one. We have run 11,000 or so items in past two years. So if someone hasn't placed a bid on ANYTHING in TWO YEARS we keep them as an active account, but do not go to the expense of a mailed catalog. Once they place a bid they are back in active system again

For you to criticize this means not only that you are criticizing every auction house, but also telling them thru cannot attempt to run their business in a manner that is not cost effective to them.
If you wish to be. Removed, email me at ken@goldinauctions.com

No one is saying you need to be wealthy or bid on hundreds of items, but not have placed a single bid ( not "win", but place one bid) in two years is a pretty low threshold to use for an auction house to stop spending $100 a year on you sending catalogs

QUOTE=3arod13;368464]What's next? If you haven't won an auction, you will no longer receive a catalog? Sorry that there weren't any items in your catalogs that met my collecting interest or collecting needs. Catalogs are a great way to advertise. Word of mouth takes it that much farther, which I have shared those catalogs with many of my fellow collectors. To date, I have only received a total of six catalogs. And because I haven't bid, you feel it's good for your business to tell me that since I haven't bid, you're not interested in my business.

Well, if that is the case, please remove me from your email distribution list, so I no longer receive the constant emails that I receive each day!![/QUOTE]

Thanks for the reply. Email sent to remove me from any and all related goldin auction emails.

STLHAMMER32
11-02-2014, 12:20 PM
I can imagine the costs associated with putting together the publication let alone the shipping and handling costs....Much different than an email. I was surprised to see it come in the mail with just an initial attempt to buy an item. I feel compelled to give respect where respect is due when it comes to efficient marketing campaigns and Goldin gets it right. The catalog is an impressive publication for reference even after the auction is done. You will likely see a time where these are sold on ebay for a chunk of change for that reason alone. Pretty simple to keep them coming in...place a bid. I guess as the old saying goes..." you can't please everyone".

3arod13
11-03-2014, 06:07 AM
Pretty simple to keep them coming in...place a bid. I guess as the old saying goes..." you can't please everyone".

Ethically, I couldn't do that! To place a bid on item, increasing the price of an item, when I'm not interested in it, and only doing so, so I can receive the catalog, isn't right. And I doubt the potential winner would appreciate it either.

Based on Ken's response, I didn't realize it was a computerzied system process. Although I understand the cost involved, adverstising is part of any business. I may not have bid on anything, but I did share the catalog with a lot of my local fellow game used collectors, who may have bid and/or won items. In the six catalogs I did receive, there just wasn't anything I would interested in. Well, there was, but just way out of my price range.

Of course, receiving the catalog is much better than having to go through the website, when viewing items. However, I do understand his reasoning in his response.

When I overreact and am wrong, I have no problem admitting it!

BVC
11-03-2014, 11:27 AM
My catalog was shipped to an old address in a city where I no longer live. The address in my account info was correct, and has been for months. When I asked for a re-ship, that one didn't arrive either. It's really strange that updates to address information by the customer do not result in updates to catalog shipping addresses. My invoice shows the correct address, but I don't have a lot of faith in that, as my customer information also shows the correct address.

d2ray13
11-03-2014, 11:42 AM
...I got two copies of victoria's secret in the mail on friday. Neither one had my size. :p