PDA

View Full Version : Please watch for this STOLEN GU football jersey and email me if you see it; thanks

Number9
10-14-2014, 03:43 PM
I bought this game used football jersey from a good friend and I was left on my front porch by USPS on the afternoon of Oct. 1 and stolen before I got home from work.
I've heard rumors that there were 'guys in yellow vests going door to door that day' so I assume one of them snagged the package.
I have filed a police report.
I realize its an obscure college player of little interest to folks here but could you let me know if by chance you happen to see it being sold anywhere, like ebay, forums, craigslist etc?

Jersey is a 2005 white University of Georgia game used Thomas Flowers jersey. Nike jersey has his number 29 on front/back/sleeves and has a sewn nameplate with FLOWERS on the back. Has the SEC patch and Nike swoosh sewn on the front above the number. Appears to be unwashed.

Please email me at: historydogs@yahoo.com if you happen to come across it.

Thanks.
Mike

------------------------------------------------------
BUYING THESE GAME USED FOOTBALL HELMETS if price is fair, they are complete, and have solid player IDs: Atlanta Falcons black helmets, Aaron Walker 49ers, Richard Seymour, Georgia Bulldogs, Indianapolis Colts players that interest me, Dolphins, 49ers and Saints players that interest me, and Riddell Speed helmets of players that interest me. E-mail me at: historydogs@yahoo.com

Number9
10-14-2014, 03:46 PM
I should have typed:

"I bought this game used football jersey from a good friend and IT (not 'I') was left on my front porch in a package delivered by USPS."

Lunytune2
10-14-2014, 04:51 PM
What part of the country are you ? I am a craigslist junkie.

Roady
10-14-2014, 05:07 PM
Probably stolen by someone who won't have a clue about it's game used value and will probably wear it.
I would suggest driving through some seedier parts of where you live everyday.

Number9
10-14-2014, 06:31 PM
Hey guys,
Thanks for the responses.
Lunytune2, I am in Georgia. Thanks very much.

Roady, I agree with you. I think someone saw a package and had no idea what was in it and took a shot. And it likely meant nothing to them once they opened the package either. They could have since thrown the jersey away, given it away to a kid in the family, or will try to sell it.

It's not real expensive, though it has value to a UGA collector to me. But I figured I need to cover all the bases I could: do a police report, post here, watch ebay etc.

And I sure will be watching for someone walking down the street wearing it, though I'd like to think it wasnt a neighbor and was someone soliciting in the neighborhood instead. Extremely disappointing in all cases, however.
Thanks guys.

Mike

------------------------------------------------------
BUYING THESE GAME USED FOOTBALL HELMETS if price is fair, they are complete, and have solid player IDs: Atlanta Falcons black helmets, Aaron Walker 49ers, Richard Seymour, Georgia Bulldogs, Indianapolis Colts players that interest me, Dolphins, 49ers and Saints players that interest me, and Riddell Speed helmets of players that interest me. E-mail me at: historydogs@yahoo.com

Roady
10-14-2014, 06:43 PM
Well I hope you find it. Good luck.

helmets
10-15-2014, 10:06 AM
A modern Nike jersey like that for a skilled player would be tough for a 12 year old to wear. Very tight and uncomfortable. I doubt that anyone is wearing it.

Number9
10-15-2014, 12:56 PM
True on that, helmets.

Thanks Roady.