PDA

View Full Version : How do I prevent auto bleeding?

stasman
10-13-2014, 09:33 PM
Hi members. Are there any products out there that you could put or spray on a sharpie autograph to prevent bleeding? I just received a auto on a hockey jersey letter in black sharpie and want to prevent it from bleeding. Thanks

Skizzick
10-15-2014, 10:10 AM
I've heard hairspray works, just use a minimal amount. Is it signed on the number, and is it a legitimate (non-knock-off jersey)? If that is the case and you didn't get it dry-cleaned beforehand then you shouldn't need to have to treat the autograph.

jake33
10-15-2014, 04:00 PM
I put the items in an airtight storage box for 2-3 months and the ink will settle in with no moisture.

stasman
10-15-2014, 04:49 PM
Thanks. It's a replica jersey and yes he signed in the white number with a black sharpie. So far it looks ok. But someone told me that he has been at signings where right after the signature, they would spray something on it to preserve the auto and prevent bleeding. I've never seen that so I was curious what that product would be.

danesei@yahoo.com
10-15-2014, 06:35 PM
If you used an actual Sharpie brand pen, you should be okay.

I think the first step to prevention of bleeding/fading is using the right pen type with the corresponding surface/preparation. Also, try to use denser quality inks.