PDA

View Full Version : Canseco Yankees Game Bat

Canseco44
12-30-2006, 04:19 PM
I recently posted a few bats for sale on another thread. They are all Canseco gamers, but one has got me puzzled. It came from Canseco and has his COA. He signed it Yankees Gamer. It is a Rawlings Big Stick with a blue band and is 36" and 34oz. What has got me puzzled is that it is a Jose Canseco Professional Model 456X. That is one of his normal bat models, but what puzzles me more is that the date code is 463 01. I know that makes the bat as a 2001 Model, so it could not be a Yankees gamer. I know it is a real Canseco gamer because I have ten Rawlings gamers and they all are exactly alike and are either 456 or 456X. I was wondering if at any point someone has seen Canseco use a Profesional model and is they had a photo match. He could have oredered a few since he switched teams so much at the end but that is only my theory. Any help would really be appreciated.

Thanks, Todd Ricks
spideyman79@yahoo.com

metsbats
12-31-2006, 11:52 AM
My guess is that it may have been a bat made in spring training while he was in the White Sox camp. Was he a non-roster invitee during 2001 spring training camp and if so that may explain why the bat was stamped professional model verse "White Sox" which were on his bats after he made the team. Perhaps he got confused when he signed it Yankees gamer.

This is my guess.

-David

metsbats
12-31-2006, 11:57 AM
Jose was actually in spring training with the Angels in 2001 then signed with the White Sox.

-David

camarokids
01-06-2007, 10:41 AM
My guess is that it may have been a bat made in spring training while he was in the White Sox camp. Was he a non-roster invitee during 2001 spring training camp and if so that may explain why the bat was stamped professional model verse "White Sox" which were on his bats after he made the team. Perhaps he got confused when he signed it Yankees gamer.

This is my guess.

-David
Hi there GUU, I have a couple of Canseco Devil Rays gamers. they are pictured elsewhere on this forum. Anyway one of them is stamp dated 1999 and Canseco signed the bat "Jose Canseco Gamer 2000" . Like David says above he might've been confused and signed it wrong . Just a thought :)!
Have a great day! David

Canseco44
01-06-2007, 04:20 PM
Thanks for the help, on your Rays bats that sound right if he used it in 2000 it could be right since he played for the Rays in 2000. Mine was signed as a Yankees gamer but it wasn't made until 2001, which means there is no way he used it as a Yankee since he wasn't even with them in 2001.

Todd

camarokids
01-06-2007, 08:38 PM
Hi there, I was looking at my Canseco bat again . Possibly Jose did not make a mistake by marking the bat a 2000 gamer . According to info I read on www.birdbats.com (http://www.birdbats.com) , Rawlings gets approximately 900 bat orders a season . The order number on the bat is 855 (456X 855 99). So my conclusion would be my bat was left over from 1999 and used in 2000 . As far your question with your bat dated 2001 . Does Rawlings ever screw up and put the wrong date code ?????????? I would try and send an email to his website www.josecanseco.com (http://www.josecanseco.com) and ask for any possible explanation .

Canseco44
01-06-2007, 09:22 PM
Thanks Camarokids, do you have a Camaro and what year model? I have a 69 SS. As for the Canseco bat, thanks. I have a close relationship with josecanseco.com and Jim says Jose cannot rememberwhy it would be signed like that. More than likely he just signed it mistakenly that way. For yours, that is the point I was trying to make, yours was probably left over from the 1999 season. I would love for you to email me some pics of your Canseco collection. If you will shoot me some pics at spideyman79@yahoo.com If you would like some photos of mine let me know your email address. I have his 400th HR bat and ball I acquired directly from Jose.

Todd

camarokids
01-07-2007, 12:14 AM
Hi there , I have a had few Camaro's over the years , some were traded , a couple were totaled (an '89 RS and '99) . I was never lucky enough to own a 1969 SS . I would love to own a '69 or '72 . I have only had 3rd and 4th generation Camaro's . For my b-day in 2005 my wife wanted to do something special . At the time we didn't own a Camaro, the 1999 was totaled in 2003 . She brings me home a 2001 Camaro SS with most all the SLP options including the rare Center Mount Exhaust. At first I didn't realize what I had till I drove it , then I was all smiles . Months later I called SLP and gave them the VIN and discovered mine was Build Number 3995 out of 6331 SS Camaro's ordered for 2001 . With only 495 receiving the CME (adds 10 more horses) option and out of the 495 CME's only 33 are red with t-tops like mine . To make sure this is still talking some baseball here , I did punch it in front of the Lugo brothers (after talking to Julio for a second) outside Al Lang Field in St. Pete last spring . I can send pics soon of the Canseco bats and other stuff . A so-so friend of mine has a 69 SS/RS , but it's not original (a clone)! And to top it off my wife just bought the SuperChip for me for Xmas:D:D!!! and I thought the car was fast before ??????

metsbats
01-07-2007, 12:33 AM
I was at a card show in NY here in the early 90's and brought a heavily used 1990 Rawlings Adirondack for Jose to sign. I asked him to sign it 1990 gamer and he and the gentleman sitting with him look at the knob on the bat and after checking it Jose proceeded to added "1990 Game Used" for me. He seemed to enjoy seeing his equipment presented to him for signing and was meticulous enough to check the knob before dating it.

-David