PDA

View Full Version : American Pickers finds the Cardinals

onlyalbert
09-27-2014, 05:32 PM
You know the old story about the guy that answers the ad for a Chevy for sale for $1000 and goes out in the back of the barn and pulls the cover off a 67 Corvette? I think that just happened to me. I found a cool item on ebay and when that happens I ask a lot of questions. Called the seller and was told she was selling it for a friend who did not do computers. I said does he have anything else? She says well he worked for the Cards for many years in the minors and ST. He has tons of stuff. You should come into our shop and see our Molina mannequin. He knows Yadi really well. Yeah its dressed head to toe. Jersey, pants, shoes, socks, those shin thingys, and the chest guard. Doesn't have a hat but has the catcher's mask and it's signed. I told her that someday I was going to drive up to see that. Recently got a wedding invite to a town about 10mns away from the shop. Called them back and she says Oh, the shop closed up a few months ago, but he still has everything. I can ask him if he'd be willing to sell some of it. Told the wife we were going to make a little side trip before the wedding. When I walked in I almost died. I thought I was going to see this mannequin and try to make a nice offer, maybe be there 20 mns. but here is what else I found. Almost missed the start of the wedding! Taguchi 02 AFL jersey, Waino 04 AFL jersey, 4 pairs Holliday batting gloves, 1 CCarp batting glove, Matt Morris uncracked, DKile bat cracked and used by Pujols with wristband, Ankiel uncracked Stick by Stan #66, CCarp uncracked, Molina 06/07 cracked, Taguchi #99 cleats, CCarp #29 cleats, Pujols batting gloves, Jay batting gloves, Lynn 09 AFL BP, Lynn 09 AFL home, Molina 01/02 ST, DKile ST BP one of his last, Polanco 02 pants, 2006 CCarp black Fielding glove...no use, 2005 CCarp tan fielding glove good use, Cards bat bag, 3 Sam Tuivailala cracked, Adrian Gonzalez Padres cracked, Edmonds uncracked Cards, Edmonds uncracked Angels with 15 on knob so one of his first Cards bats, Pujols 02 cracked, the Molina stuff is wristband, 2 pairs of cleats from 2002 Peoria, shin guards and chest prot from 02 Peoria, 06 home pants and belt, socks, 2 BP caps from 2014 ST, #56 jersey from 01/02 ST. The 2 red jerseys are from when he was with the team in ST but not with the MLB guys. Back on the practice fields where they did not get home whites or road grays. Players are issued one red jersey and numbers are assigned in no particular order. His first ST with the big club was 2004 and he was #74.

yanks12025
09-27-2014, 05:53 PM
Cool. Curious did you get the stuff for a steal or had to break the bank for it all?

onlyalbert
09-27-2014, 05:58 PM
Cool. Curious did you get the stuff for a steal or had to break the bank for it all?

We both walked away happy...;)

TG19
09-27-2014, 05:59 PM
WoW!!! Thats some coool stuff there!! Nice find!!!

coophallmonitor
09-27-2014, 06:08 PM
This is an awesome "barn" find! Couldn't have happened to a better guy. Imagine how many more are out there that we don't even know about yet!

Titans74
09-27-2014, 06:12 PM
Great find! Major congrats.

Wrigley2010
09-27-2014, 08:08 PM
That's a great story and congratulations. I especially liked that both partys were happy with the outcome. My one and only game used buy that came via craigslist was from a widower. She had priced the item considerably under market value. I was forth coming with the items value and what I could afford to pay which was well above her asking price but still below an auction value. She was more than happy to sell the item to me even below its actual value because I was forth coming.

jscott0688
09-27-2014, 09:38 PM
DAMN! Congrats man!