PDA

View Full Version : 2005 World Series game used base

stasman
09-27-2014, 06:35 AM
Should a 2005 World Series game used base have a MLB authentication sticker? I would think of all the MLB authenticated items, that a base from the World Series absolutely would have a MLB sticker. What do you guys think?

stasman
09-27-2014, 03:33 PM
Is this the base and current auction that you are referring too?

http://sports.mearsonlineauctions.com/2005_Chicago_White_Sox_Houston_Astros_Game_Used_Wo-LOT79455.aspx

Yes... Has a mears loa but I don't see any mlb hologram. I've seen a 2005 playoff base with a mlb hologram from the same year so I would think there would be one on the World Series base. What do you think about this one??

stasman
09-27-2014, 07:04 PM
How can you tell a souvenir base from a game used base without a mlb hologram??

stasman
09-27-2014, 07:07 PM
I can't say that this item isn't what it appears to be but I would tend to agree that this is a new/important enough of an item that I would think should have some type of MLB tracking hologram and some type of story behind it in the listing along with an ownership chain of custody explanation.

4 My money this item would need to have some tangible evidential proof behind it not just some letter of opinion thats written no less than by the selling party prior to me getting involved with it but then again I assume an item at this stage of my time in the hobby isn't what it appears to be and at worst bad until I can prove otherwise after all of the crap that has happened to me personally and what I have seen transpire on a monthly basis.

Maybe send Troy an email and see what additional information he can provide.

Yep. I'm with you. Without a hologram I'm not feeling it's authentic.

helf35
09-27-2014, 08:04 PM
Its possible its a base that was not used since they swept the Astros. It could have been intended for game 6 or 7. That could be a good reason its not authenticated.

stasman
09-27-2014, 08:40 PM
I emailed them twice. Haven't heard back yet. I that the description said game used. Hmmmm????

stasman
09-27-2014, 09:06 PM
I emailed them twice. Haven't heard back yet. I that the description said game used. Hmmmm????

Yep. I checked the description in the auction... It says Game Used.

sportsnbikes
09-28-2014, 02:27 PM
Sure doesn't look game used to me at all.

stasman
09-28-2014, 07:43 PM
That's why I was surprised to see it listed as game used by Mears... Has no mlb authentication either.

lengthwise1
09-29-2014, 11:47 AM
Its possible its a base that was not used since they swept the Astros. It could have been intended for game 6 or 7. That could be a good reason its not authenticated.

This was my first thought as well, bet its a leftover

stasman
09-29-2014, 11:51 AM
This was my first thought as well, bet its a leftover

Yep. "Game Used". Little but of soiling. No mlb authentication?? I still haven't heard back from them.

stasman
10-01-2014, 05:24 AM
I received a response from MEARS... They said no MLB authentication or markings and that it appears " similar" to ones used in the game. Hmmmmm????

stasman
10-01-2014, 08:19 PM
So MEARS has no proof it's game used but they are still selling it as game used. Interesting.