PDA

View Full Version : W. Castillo GW Hit Ball

twarman17
09-23-2014, 10:35 PM
Was lucky and got Castillo's game winning hit ball tossed to me in first row behind Cards dugout as they left the field tonight! Oddly, no Wrigley Field 100 logo on the ball.

twarman17
09-24-2014, 12:18 PM
Was lucky and got Castillo's game winning hit ball tossed to me in first row behind Cards dugout as they left the field tonight! Oddly, no Wrigley Field 100 logo on the ball.

Here are pics, great seats!

esigs
09-24-2014, 07:26 PM

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the ball they tossed to you was not the one Castillo hit. Here's a screen shot of the ball Castillo hit just before Neshek pitched it. You can see the 100th anniversary logo...:(

twarman17
09-24-2014, 08:27 PM
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news, but unfortunately the ball they tossed to you was not the one Castillo hit. Here's a screen shot of the ball Castillo hit just before Neshek pitched it. You can see the 100th anniversary logo...:(

Thanks for the info and legwork to track that down! This is a mystery for how bourjos got another ball...but good to know definitely that whatever I have wasn't the GU ball

esigs
09-25-2014, 07:38 AM
Thanks for the info and legwork to track that down! This is a mystery for how bourjos got another ball...but good to know definitely that whatever I have wasn't the GU ball

Were you able to watch Bourjos coming back to the dugout, and whether he tossed the ball to another player and/or got a ball tossed back to him? If he didn't toss the ball around, the only other option I can think of is that the ball got into the ivy and he picked up a BP ball without realizing it. I don't know how carefully the grounds crew look for balls in the ivy before each game. Both MLB.TV feeds don't show Bourjos picking up the ball; the Cardinals feed show the ball bouncing towards the ivy covered wall, but cuts off before I can tell if it disappears into it.

twarman17
09-25-2014, 07:48 AM
Were you able to watch Bourjos coming back to the dugout, and whether he tossed the ball to another player and/or got a ball tossed back to him? If he didn't toss the ball around, the only other option I can think of is that the ball got into the ivy and he picked up a BP ball without realizing it. I don't know how carefully the grounds crew look for balls in the ivy before each game. Both MLB.TV feeds don't show Bourjos picking up the ball; the Cardinals feed show the ball bouncing towards the ivy covered wall, but cuts off before I can tell if it disappears into it.

I was watching the Cubs celebrate so wasn't focused on it, the ball was tossed onto the dugout when Bourjos and Jay were coming off the field before the bullpen guys. I was able to grab it ahead of a few others and we were all saying that I was lucky to get the game winning hit ball. Oh well, I'm glad you were able to get that screenshot so I did not think I had the hit ball...

BVC
09-26-2014, 11:41 AM
Your ball looks rubbed-up like a game-prepared - not bp. Very strange.