PDA

View Full Version : PED Curse

danesei@yahoo.com
09-20-2014, 12:20 AM
So, I just found out that my second favorite "prospect" got a 50-game suspension for Amphetamines. Given that my second favorite player got a 25-game suspension for the same thing, I've decided that I possess the PED curse.

Now, since my second favorites got suspended, I'm concerned with my favorite player (Miguel Cabrera) and prospect (Corey Seager). Hopefully neither gets suspended for my curse.

Roady
09-20-2014, 07:35 AM
I personally look at minor league players and PED's this way........

If they get caught with PED's in the minor leagues it does not affect their pro career or collectibility in the future as long as they are not caught in the majors.

Does it make me suspicious about them for the rest of their careers? Of course. And I may not ever collect them because of that suspicion. But if they stay clean during their MLB careers I don't believe it should affect their collectibility or tarnish their MLB careers.

GoTigers
09-20-2014, 07:51 AM
Personally I don't look at Anphedomines the same way as HGH or roids. I know technically it is a PED, but I know so many folks in college who had scripts for adderall... We've seen roids turn Brady Anderson into a machine, but I don't know how much of a difference adderal makes. I'm guessing about the same as crushing a 4 pack of redbull before a game, which some players do.

sportsnbikes
09-21-2014, 10:24 PM
I had an Aderall prescription about 6 years ago and I don't see how it helps anyone be better at a sport. I definitely wouldn't consider it a performance enhancing drug.

Roady
09-22-2014, 09:17 AM
I had an Aderall prescription about 6 years ago and I don't see how it helps anyone be better at a sport. I definitely wouldn't consider it a performance enhancing drug.

Medical report: The effects and risks of Adderall use among athletes

http://www.sbnation.com/2012/12/5/3731824/athletes-adderall-effect-risks-suspensions

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-27-2014, 08:18 AM

It is 100% a PED...no question. It's effects vary from person to person, but in my opinion can be one of the most effective PEDs there is.

Skizzick
09-28-2014, 11:23 PM
Can you start having all the other players in the NL East not on the Phillies as your favorite player? Thanks!