PDA

View Full Version : Seattle Mariners "Los Marineros" Game USe Jerseys

Buccaneer Madden
09-20-2014, 12:03 AM
In case anyone is interested the Seattle Mariners are selling the ‪game-used 2014 Los Marineros jerseys from Salute to Latin American Beisbol Night.

Ends Sept 25th.

http://atmlb.com/1v1eTju

BVC
09-25-2014, 06:13 PM
Thanks for posting this link. I was happy to pick up three of these this afternoon. The Cano went for $2,825 but he hit a home run that game and there is at least one good photo-match. Plus, the Latin connection was great for that piece - congratulations to whoever won it.

Buccaneer Madden
09-25-2014, 09:40 PM
No problem. I was going to try for one but for some reason I thought it ended at 5:00 not 4:00.... oh well.

BVC
09-26-2014, 03:50 PM
If you really want one, maybe we can trade at some point. I was going to save mine until Paxton, Seager and Smith are in the HOF, so there is time.

Buccaneer Madden
09-26-2014, 06:36 PM
Well i was thinking of Seager or Zunino.... I'll keep you in mind. :)

beef
09-30-2014, 03:17 PM
I picked up the james jones and have seager and ibanez from last year's game. Loved the dirt on the jones plus we're both new yorkers

BVC
09-30-2014, 03:54 PM
I picked up the james jones and have seager and ibanez from last year's game. Loved the dirt on the jones plus we're both new yorkers

I believe I was the underbidder on Jones - not sure if that dirt is from sliding into 3rd for his triple, or getting picked off first. Up until the last week of the season, it was the only time he had gotten caught stealing all year. Very desirable jersey - nice win and a good photo of it being worn:

http://binaryapi.ap.org/fc77ab393bdb4a0cbfab2a867a1464fc/preview.jpg?wm=api

beef
10-01-2014, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the picture! Jones is always diving so it's great for photo matching haha so you got paxton, smith and seager? Any other ones?

BVC
10-01-2014, 02:39 PM
Thanks for the picture! Jones is always diving so it's great for photo matching haha so you got paxton, smith and seager? Any other ones?

No, the only others I was a bidder on were Jones, Taijuan Walker and Cano.

I spent a few hours last night going through the MLB archive of games, taking pics of all my items 'in use'. Nice to be able to find the exact use of each baseball - maybe print pics to display behind the balls. I now have some good pics of Seager wearing his 'Marineros' jersey, and I'm sure I can find one of Jones standing up after one of his slides. I'll post something in the next couple of days.

BVC
10-01-2014, 08:21 PM
By the way - two different types of jerseys arrived today. The Seager is a 'Cool Base' and is a mesh-like material with panels under the armpits. Paxton and Smith did not see action - their jerseys have different tags, no panels under the pits and the material is not mesh.

I wonder if they gave the players who were going to play a different kind of jersey? Or maybe they always have their choice?

Paxton jersey and tags shown at left, Seager at right. The Seager also has a 'cool base' tag sewn near the tag.

BVC
10-02-2014, 08:10 PM
Probably no one is interested, but just to document for future reference:

I re-watched the 'Marineros' game and checked jersey types vs what was sold in MLB Auction (see, I'm getting to be an anal game-used guy :)) - Lloyd McLendon and Felix both wore the non-mesh jersey, while everyone else I checked in the game appeared to be wearing the mesh one. The pics in MLB Auction of the tags matched fine.