PDA

View Full Version : Dave M. - can I please get advice?

mplsvol
09-19-2014, 08:44 PM
Dave -

Could you please be kind enough to look at the link and let me know your thoughts on this Charlie Garner 49'ers helmet?

http://www.americanmemorabilia.com/Auctions/AuctionItem?AuctionId=25361&t=Closed&p=0

Thank you very much

mplsvol
09-20-2014, 07:03 PM
Bump for Dave or others with opinions. Thank you!

sox83cubs84
09-21-2014, 08:12 PM
I wish I could be of help, but whatever expertise I possess on game-used items does not include FB helmets...sorry.:(

Dave Miedema

mplsvol
09-21-2014, 08:31 PM
Anyone else out there have any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Thank you for the response see Dave. As a kid in the early to mid 1980's I was a long time SCD subscriber. Couldn't wait to read Up Autograph Alley each issue and see who was responding and what new addresses you had.

bgakladd
09-21-2014, 09:58 PM
Anyone else out there have any thoughts? Much appreciated.

Thank you for the response see Dave. As a kid in the early to mid 1980's I was a long time SCD subscriber. Couldn't wait to read Up Autograph Alley each issue and see who was responding and what new addresses you had.

Just not enough photos from that listing to know for sure. The listing says the chin strap is original but every photo I have seen Garner wearing is a 2 point high snap on. The facemask doesn't look the same near the clip area. Facemask clip alignment to the rivets look to be in different spots. I don't know if tilting the helmet would put them into the same alignment. Would be nice too see more photos to get a better idea. Also the high point snap area seems closer to the mask.

mplsvol
09-22-2014, 06:06 AM
Thank you so much for the reply. Huge help. Was Contemplating purchasing this helmet from a the auction purchaser. Is American Memorabilia trustworthy or not?

Chess2899
09-22-2014, 04:40 PM
Some good, some bad. Unless I know the item 100%, I don't get the warm fuzzies with this company.

Phil316
09-22-2014, 08:14 PM
I don't get the warm fuzzies with this company.

I second that.

MPLSVOL there is a search button near the top of the page. Put in American Memorabilia or AMI and see what comes up. That should be pretty self explanatory.