PDA

View Full Version : Ray Lewis Helmet?

MikeKam
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
Hey guys,

Just hoping I can get your input on this Ray Lewis helmet that is supposedly game worn. I can't really see wear on the outside, but it looks like someone did wear it based on the photo of the inside of the helmet. The helmet is also apparently signed by the 2001 Ravens, but I have not checked those autographs out yet.

Thank you for any opinions.

MikeKam
09-18-2014, 04:39 PM
And of course I forget to post the link with pictures;

http://s1267.photobucket.com/user/KamiMike/library/Ray%20Lewis%20Helmet?sort=3&page=1

bgakladd
09-18-2014, 09:31 PM
I would be very skeptical....the Gene Upshaw decal was worn in 2008 and your signatures were from the 2001 team?? Pics of Lewis 2008 helmet w/GU decal. The rear of the helmet decal number fonts are completely different. Plus other various differences.

MikeKam
09-18-2014, 10:32 PM
I would be very skeptical....the Gene Upshaw decal was worn in 2008 and your signatures were from the 2001 team?? Pics of Lewis 2008 helmet w/GU decal. The rear of the helmet decal number fonts are completely different. Plus other various differences.

Thank you. I'm guessing this may just be one of those pro stock helmets that was ordered with certain specifications/decals to look issued/used? I've read here that some companies specialize in doing that.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-19-2014, 03:57 AM
Hey guys,

Just hoping I can get your input on this Ray Lewis helmet that is supposedly game worn. I can't really see wear on the outside, but it looks like someone did wear it based on the photo of the inside of the helmet. The helmet is also apparently signed by the 2001 Ravens, but I have not checked those autographs out yet.

Thank you for any opinions.

Those foam/vinyl/rubber inserts on the inside are removable. It's entirely possible that someone took the used insides of a helmet and swapped them into that retail helmet. Beyond that, did the seller expressly state that it was game used or "pro model" when you approached them about it?

helmets
09-19-2014, 07:13 AM
Helmet has a Riddell mask on it. Clips on top are also Riddell thick wire clips. To my knowledge Lewis never wore a Riddell mask