PDA

View Full Version : Yankees BP

danesei@yahoo.com
09-16-2014, 06:31 PM
Does anyone know if the Yankees use MiLB balls for BP?

TFig27
09-16-2014, 06:38 PM
They do not

danesei@yahoo.com
09-16-2014, 06:40 PM
They do not

Thanks TFig. :)

coxfan
09-17-2014, 08:32 AM
Not specific to the Yankees, but occasionally teams will throw in a BP balls that come from odd sources. this has come up a few times in old posts here.

The AAA Charlotte Knights use game-used balls for BP, and then sell them as game-used. But I've seen White Sox BP balls (sent down from the big club) wind up in the Knights' "game-used" basket. Recently they had a Florida State League ball in the "game-used" basket though it was obviously not used in a Knights' game. So watch out for the occasional exception.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-17-2014, 04:25 PM
Well, the reason for my question was a Cano BP bat that was on eBay. There were MiLB ball marks on the bat, and it was inscribed 2010, so I got confused. The item was listed as GU, but was a blonde BP bat. In any case, the seller agreed to refund me, so it's now a non-issue. I just didn't see a logical reason to accept a blonde Cano bat that had little/no pine tar on the mid-label, MiLB ball marks (the batterman with stars), and BP stamp. Initially, I was considering keeping it, since it might have been used during the HR derby or All-Star warm-up, but decided against it when I saw the fairly strong MiLB ball marking.

sox83cubs84
09-17-2014, 04:31 PM
Not specific to the Yankees, but occasionally teams will throw in a BP balls that come from odd sources. this has come up a few times in old posts here.

The AAA Charlotte Knights use game-used balls for BP, and then sell them as game-used. But I've seen White Sox BP balls (sent down from the big club) wind up in the Knights' "game-used" basket. Recently they had a Florida State League ball in the "game-used" basket though it was obviously not used in a Knights' game. So watch out for the occasional exception.

I've had it go the other way a couple of times. A White Sox BP ball tossed to me by Ellis Burks was a Midwest League ball (the Sox had a farm club in South Bend at the time)..I also made a nice running catch on the lowest walkway down the LF line at old County Staium on a foul ball hit by Dave Henderson of the Royals...it was a ball from their AAA team at Omaha.

Dave Miedema

lengthwise1
09-17-2014, 06:17 PM

I cant speak to the yanks specifically, but in the 100's of BP balls I've caught, I have never seen an MiLB one at a MLB game. For background, most of my catches have been at Coors Field.

Good luck!

lengthwise1
09-17-2014, 06:25 PM

I cant speak to the yanks specifically, but in the 100's of BP balls I've caught, I have never seen an MiLB one at a MLB game. For background, most of my catches have been at Coors Field.

Good luck!

lengthwise1
09-17-2014, 06:33 PM

Good luck!

lengthwise1
09-17-2014, 06:38 PM
sorry about the multiple replys, on a flight with a horrible connection and it gave me errors, didnt realize it was posting.