PDA

View Full Version : Guess This Probowl Jersey Is Not Worth Much Anymore!!!!

atomic912s
09-12-2014, 10:17 PM
Super sad to hear the news, picked up an AP jersey on nfl auctions a couple weeks ago.... Adrian Petersons team Rice back up jersey........ Yeahhhhhhhhh....... Good thing i only spent $400 bucks on it, i almost bought one of his gamers for a few thousand a couple months back... Thank God i didnt get burned to bad!!!!!!!!

danesei@yahoo.com
09-12-2014, 10:35 PM
It's still entirely possible that he's found not guilty on the charge. It's not like a video has gone viral of him throwing his fiancee into the side of an elevator and punching her in the face...

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-12-2014, 10:55 PM
It's still entirely possible that he's found not guilty on the charge. It's not like a video has gone viral of him throwing his fiancee into the side of an elevator and punching her in the face...

So what if he is found not guilty? He is still one messed up guy...sickening if you ask me.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-13-2014, 04:48 AM
So what if he is found not guilty? He is still one messed up guy...sickening if you ask me.

If he's found not guilty, wouldn't that mean he didn't beat his kid?

danesei@yahoo.com
09-13-2014, 04:53 AM
If he's found not guilty, wouldn't that mean he didn't beat his kid?

The specific charge is injuring his child based upon his kid saying Peterson hit him with a tree branch. If that's true, it's despicable, but until that's established, I don't think it's fair to say he's an awful person. If he spanked his kid for trying to kill a cat, I think that would be an appropriate punishment. Again, we don't know even a small portion of the facts in the case. If Peterson were thought to be a potential harm to his kids or society, I would think his bail would have been a lot higher than $15k.

Jags Fan Dan
09-13-2014, 05:11 AM
The timing of this couldn't be worse, it's like making a joke about hijacking a plane right after 9/11. He's fallen onto a white-hot stove, where the actual facts will likely not matter to many.

Hoosier39
09-13-2014, 09:57 AM
The specific charge is injuring his child based upon his kid saying Peterson hit him with a tree branch. If that's true, it's despicable, but until that's established, I don't think it's fair to say he's an awful person. If he spanked his kid for trying to kill a cat, I think that would be an appropriate punishment. Again, we don't know even a small portion of the facts in the case. If Peterson were thought to be a potential harm to his kids or society, I would think his bail would have been a lot higher than $15k.

There are photos of his child's wounds from the branch that I think is crossing the line. He also put leaves in the kids mouth. He also hit him so much he bruised his private part. And the kid said "daddy has a lot of belts in his closet".

To me, he should get the same punishment as Rice. Doubt he will though.

Roady
09-13-2014, 10:15 AM
Switching was a normal part of childhood for me and most of my friends. I even had to go get the switch and bring it back to my mom. Dad used a belt.

NEVER did they whip us enough to be considered abuse though. A few stripes on your legs or your buttocks was enough to make you think twice about doing whatever it was you did again.

IF the reports are true in this case then it sounds like Peterson went way overboard, especially with a 2 year old. I could not imagine switching my 2 year old. I do remember popping all of childrens behinds with an open hand at that age though.

A parent should never let corporal punishment degrade into a beating.
And a parent should only punish when the parent is calmed down and has weighed all of the facts and composed themselves.
And never does a toddler need any more motivation than an open handed butt pop. If a parent thinks a toddler needs more than that then the parent has the problem, not the child.

Roady
09-13-2014, 10:49 AM
My mistake about the age of the child. The child was 4 not 2.

So he was not a toddler but still sounds like Peterson took the punishment to abuse.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-13-2014, 05:10 PM
I find it sickening how many people find what he did acceptable because it happened to them when they were a kid. Like it or not but it isn't the same these days and in no way should be an excuse. Beating a child with a stick till cut, bleeding, and bruised isn't even remotely close to reasonable punishment. That poor 4 year old was abused badly.

The NFL needs to start taking a stand...all these arrests are embarrassing. No more slap on the wrists.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-13-2014, 05:37 PM
I find it sickening how many people find what he did acceptable because it happened to them when they were a kid. Like it or not but it isn't the same these days and in no way should be an excuse. Beating a child with a stick till cut, bleeding, and bruised isn't even remotely close to reasonable punishment. That poor 4 year old was abused badly.

The NFL needs to start taking a stand...all these arrests are embarrassing. No more slap on the wrists.

I think only one person (Roady) has said that it might be okay, since he was switched as a child. I'm saying that until it's established that the child's story is credible and accurate, we should reserve judgment. I haven't looked at any photos of the incident, but if they're connected to Peterson's actions, then he should be thrown in prison. It is what it is. If if turns out that he didn't do what he's accused of, he shouldn't be punished by the NFL.

Sioux4Ever
09-13-2014, 06:16 PM
Super sad to hear the news, picked up an AP jersey on nfl auctions a couple weeks ago.... Adrian Petersons team Rice back up jersey........ Yeahhhhhhhhh....... Good thing i only spent $400 bucks on it, i almost bought one of his gamers for a few thousand a couple months back... Thank God i didnt get burned to bad!!!!!!!!

Would you be interested in selling it? If so let me know. You can shoot me an email at ladwig5798@gmail.com

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-13-2014, 07:24 PM
I think only one person (Roady) has said that it might be okay, since he was switched as a child. I'm saying that until it's established that the child's story is credible and accurate, we should reserve judgment. I haven't looked at any photos of the incident, but if they're connected to Peterson's actions, then he should be thrown in prison. It is what it is. If if turns out that he didn't do what he's accused of, he shouldn't be punished by the NFL.

I was directing it more at news sites and what not. There is an overwhelming amount of support for this type of punishment. When I saw the pictures I felt sick. There were at least 12 hit marks all over his body including privates.

If you want to spank your child fine...but drawing blood with such hits etc. is not right.

BU54CB
09-15-2014, 03:31 PM

Peterson admitted he did it, what more do you need?

danesei@yahoo.com
09-15-2014, 06:17 PM
Peterson admitted he did it, what more do you need?

He admitted that he disciplined his son and caused one injury that went to far. Given the outcry of abuse and multiple cuts/wounds, I'm withholding judgment until all the facts come out. Again, if Peterson did anything near what has been reported by TMZ (television version of the National Enquirer) or Huffington Post (internet version of the Globe), then he should be in prison for 20 years, facing the jury of his peers (rapists, murders, thieves and other criminals who believe child abusers are the lowest of the low) in the prison yard. However, if it's found that the damage was caused by someone else, Peterson should not have to suffer the wrath of public sentiment.

I just saw the reports of his text messages he's alleged to have sent about hitting the son and wrapping around his thigh, hitting his balls. So, yes, if Peterson did that and sent the text, that's appalling. He should not only serve time in prison, but he should see a psychiatrist to resolve why he thought his actions were okay.

BU54CB
09-16-2014, 10:43 AM
He admitted that he disciplined his son and caused one injury that went to far. Given the outcry of abuse and multiple cuts/wounds, I'm withholding judgment until all the facts come out. Again, if Peterson did anything near what has been reported by TMZ (television version of the National Enquirer) or Huffington Post (internet version of the Globe), then he should be in prison for 20 years, facing the jury of his peers (rapists, murders, thieves and other criminals who believe child abusers are the lowest of the low) in the prison yard. However, if it's found that the damage was caused by someone else, Peterson should not have to suffer the wrath of public sentiment.

I just saw the reports of his text messages he's alleged to have sent about hitting the son and wrapping around his thigh, hitting his balls. So, yes, if Peterson did that and sent the text, that's appalling. He should not only serve time in prison, but he should see a psychiatrist to resolve why he thought his actions were okay.

The facts are out there, there are photos, emails, and texts. He abused his kid and he allegedly abused another kid.

Peterson deserves his day in court, but at the minimum, he should be suspended indefinitely. The NFL came down on Ray Rice twice, at least Rice's wife has a choice, Peterson's 4 year old kid does not.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-16-2014, 06:45 PM
The facts are out there, there are photos, emails, and texts. He abused his kid and he allegedly abused another kid.

Peterson deserves his day in court, but at the minimum, he should be suspended indefinitely. The NFL came down on Ray Rice twice, at least Rice's wife has a choice, Peterson's 4 year old kid does not.

What could Ray Rice's wife have done to give him the authority to punch her in the face and slam her against the elevator wall? I would say, if anything, the two are equivalent incidents. The difference is that Rice's case involves a video showing him beating his then fiancee, while Peterson's is currently a sequence of photographs indicating abuse without indicating who did the abusing.

Maybe the NFL can suspend Peterson pending the outcome of his case, with pay, but I don't think they have enough to constitute "proof" by the standards of the NFLPA. Without a conviction or further substantiation through the case, there isn't fair ground to ban him from the game.

BU54CB
09-16-2014, 08:49 PM
What could Ray Rice's wife have done to give him the authority to punch her in the face and slam her against the elevator wall? I would say, if anything, the two are equivalent incidents. The difference is that Rice's case involves a video showing him beating his then fiancee, while Peterson's is currently a sequence of photographs indicating abuse without indicating who did the abusing.

Maybe the NFL can suspend Peterson pending the outcome of his case, with pay, but I don't think they have enough to constitute "proof" by the standards of the NFLPA. Without a conviction or further substantiation through the case, there isn't fair ground to ban him from the game.

Seriously? How can you say that the two are equivalent incidents? There couldn't be more of a difference, one involves a grown woman and the other a 4 year old child. Sure, they both involve abuse, but completely different.

Nobody gives anyone the authority to abuse or hit them, be it a grown adult, certainly not a child.

What choice does a 4 year old child have? None

Adrian Peterson admitted he is the one that abused the kid, Peterson didn't call it abuse in his statement. Peterson's own admission is supported by the photos and doctor's reports. What more is needed? Perhaps you should google the content of his statement, maybe that would help.