PDA

View Full Version : Chris Davis banned 25 games

Roady
09-12-2014, 10:52 AM
http://espn.go.com/mlb/story/_/id/11512445/baltimore-orioles-first-baseman-chris-davis-suspended-25-games-mlb

3arod13
09-12-2014, 06:44 PM
Not surprised at all.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-12-2014, 10:27 PM
It's interesting that this is the first story to mention the first time offense being a warning. When Cameron Maybin got suspended for the same infraction, nothing was said about it being his second offense. Now knowing this, I think they're full of it. If you already were caught once, then you know whatever you're taking is on the banned list.

If they're going to give a warning for one type of masking agent, why not give a warning for ALL currently banned masking agents?

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-12-2014, 10:53 PM
MLB needs to clean up the game and ban Adderall! Something like 100+ players have ADD supposably...BS! What a bunch of lying scrums...I don't believe a single player has bad enough ADD to use Adderall.

helf35
09-12-2014, 11:45 PM
MLB needs to clean up the game and ban Adderall! Something like 100+ players have ADD supposably...BS! What a bunch of lying scrums...I don't believe a single player has bad enough ADD to use Adderall.

It's actually probably very accurate. The amount of prescriptions that are written for children for this stuff is pretty ridiculous. I remember in High School half our class was on this shit. I was told I needed it after testing but my mom never allowed it. I scored A-B's all through high school and college and have never really had any problems concentrating or anything like that. I was just a typical kid and was lazy at times. Do my homework or play baseball. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

3arod13
09-13-2014, 07:20 AM
It's interesting that this is the first story to mention the first time offense being a warning. When Cameron Maybin got suspended for the same infraction, nothing was said about it being his second offense. Now knowing this, I think they're full of it. If you already were caught once, then you know whatever you're taking is on the banned list.

If they're going to give a warning for one type of masking agent, why not give a warning for ALL currently banned masking agents?

Chris Davis: ''I apologize to my teammates, coaches, the Orioles organization and especially the fans,'' Davis said in a statement. ''I made a mistake by taking Adderall. I had permission to use it in the past, but do not have a therapeutic use exemption this year.

At this stage in the game, I can't stand when players say "I made a mistake." There is no mistake. Knew exactly what he was doing! Having a not so great season, and he took a chance.

After all that has happened in the past, it would make a person be so much more careful and aware of what they are taking.

Joe Girardi: ''It's disappointing any time a guy is suspended. You hate to see it in our game,'' New York manager Joe Girardi said. ''I don't think we'll ever get away from it unfortunately. I think people are always going to try and beat the system. We're going to have to do deal with it.''

Hence my earlier comment "I'm not surprised at all."

gingi79
09-13-2014, 08:44 PM
Two superstar athletes from Baltimore being embarrassed and disgraced in the same week for deplorable actions they 100% caused themselves. Considering my own experiences in that particular city and how much rightful rage I have, I'll refrain from commenting further

ShaimOnYou
09-20-2014, 09:52 AM
Well, there goes all of his accolades for his monster 2013 season.

Cheaters. It's pathetic already.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-27-2014, 08:22 AM
It's actually probably very accurate. The amount of prescriptions that are written for children for this stuff is pretty ridiculous. I remember in High School half our class was on this shit. I was told I needed it after testing but my mom never allowed it. I scored A-B's all through high school and college and have never really had any problems concentrating or anything like that. I was just a typical kid and was lazy at times. Do my homework or play baseball. hmmmmmmmmmmmm.

They give this out because you can focus in school...how many kids focus in school? Not once have I ever got pumped and focused for an exam. There are way better things I'd rather be doing.

Better testing is needed. That many grown men not having control to focus etc. seems a bit odd.

ShaimOnYou
09-29-2014, 05:35 PM
They give this out because you can focus in school...how many kids focus in school? Not once have I ever got pumped and focused for an exam. There are way better things I'd rather be doing.

Better testing is needed. That many grown men not having control to focus etc. seems a bit odd.

It does seem a bit odd, doesn't it?

But then, I find that often I have to take Adderall to get through some of the posts here too. :rolleyes:

The guy was in the midst of a horrendous year. He was reaching for some help, alright. And he got caught.

TNTtoys
09-30-2014, 01:37 PM
New discussion on same topic... Chris Davis suspension.

How would you feel if you were in my shoes?

I am in a home run derby contest with 50 other guys; winner take all. For the final couple of weeks, it was a 2 team race...me and one other guy. He had Chris Davis and I didn't. I lost the contest by 2 home runs. Granted, Davis did not hit any during these final 2 weeks, but prior to that, he had 26. I lost the contest, but the winner got there using a player whose season was tainted. There was a substantial amount of money on the line.