PDA

View Full Version : Ray Rice

Skizzick
09-08-2014, 01:42 PM
Ok, ok, ok, we've all heard by now that the Ravens have cut Ray Rice following the release of the video showing him punching his then fiance. He is a scumbag through and through, and while I think that most offensives are deserving of a second chance, this guy needs to sit out a while and really suffer the consequences of what he did.

That's one point of debate, here's the other...
http://deadspin.com/adam-schefter-is-fed-up-with-the-nfl-1631937239/all
(http://deadspin.com/adam-schefter-is-fed-up-with-the-nfl-1631937239/all)
I think Adamn Schefter is one of the most credible journalists out there with regards to the NFL, and I believe him when he says his inside sources told him that Goodell and the NFL had access to this video, even though the NFL PR guys are saying otherwise. How the hell can they think that suspending him 2 games would be enough? How the hell can they get away with just going "oops," and then installing a new domestic abuse policy after the fact. And wow, have you seen this tweet from back in May?
https://twitter.com/Ravens/status/469918292061061120

Obviously, Rice is the biggest culprit in all of this, but how big of a scumbag does Goodell and Ravens ownership look in all of this?

dplettn
09-08-2014, 01:58 PM
perfectly said. Really Really Really Bad. And Really Bad.

yankees506
09-08-2014, 03:09 PM
No man should ever place his hands on another woman, this video watched in its entirety gives off the feeling of an abusive relationship both ways. The clip I saw appears to show rice spitting on his then fiancée before they enter the elevator and her reacting with a backhanded slap to the face. A toxic relationship is never good for anyone, ray and his now wife have a lot to figure out.

http://deadspin.com/heres-video-of-ray-rice-knocking-out-his-fiancee-in-an-1631864196

Roady
09-08-2014, 03:14 PM
He drug her out of an elevator unconscious. He admitted to knocking her out.
All of this before the elevator footage.
And now everyone is mad and saying he deserves more punishment?????????????

And where were these voices when he admitted to knocking her out???????

Roady
09-08-2014, 03:15 PM
And just for the record in case my post left any question where I stand...
He should be banned from the league for life.

Skizzick
09-08-2014, 03:18 PM
He drug her out of an elevator unconscious. He admitted to knocking her out.
All of this before the elevator footage.
And now everyone is mad and saying he deserves more punishment?????????????

And where were these voices when he admitted to knocking her out???????
I think a lot of people were holding off judgement until they were sure of what actually happened in that elevator. I know self-defense is a stupid argument when you're a fit NFL athlete fighting a woman half your size, but there was that side of it being thrown around. The issue I have is that the NFL saw this video and moved forward with their paltry punishment. The Ravens could have been easily advised by the NFL on how to proceed. And how did they proceed? They praised Rice as a "good guy" and promoted the hell out of him.

Roady
09-08-2014, 03:22 PM
I think a lot of people were holding off judgement until they were sure of what actually happened in that elevator. I know self-defense is a stupid argument when you're a fit NFL athlete fighting a woman half your size, but there was that side of it being thrown around. The issue I have is that the NFL saw this video and moved forward with their paltry punishment. The Ravens could have been easily advised by the NFL on how to proceed. And how did they proceed? They praised Rice as a "good guy" and promoted the hell out of him.

The Ravens and his teammates stood behind him 100%.

Skizzick
09-08-2014, 03:30 PM
The Ravens and his teammates stood behind him 100%.
Exactly, and if any of them have any self-respect, they'll admit they made the wrong decision to do so. But I guarantee all of them will keep quiet.

Roady
09-08-2014, 04:59 PM
Exactly, and if any of them have any self-respect, they'll admit they made the wrong decision to do so. But I guarantee all of them will keep quiet.

Like those marchers in Ferguson acting like idiots without knowing anything that really happened.

3arod13
09-09-2014, 10:46 AM
To watch his lack of compassion or reget after what he just did, was really shocking to me.

mbenga28
09-09-2014, 01:15 PM
Does anyone know if Steiner will still continue their partnership with Rice?

Buccaneer Madden
09-09-2014, 11:17 PM
To answer the original question I doubt they stick with him. Being associated with him is not smart right now and with his age and future NFL career uncertain I think he will fade away into sports obscurity.

Buccaneer Madden
09-09-2014, 11:18 PM
I doubt they stick with him. Being associated with him is not smart right now and with his age and future NFL career uncertain I think he will fade away into sports obscurity.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
09-09-2014, 11:49 PM
If you think Ray Rice is dumb look at his wife's reaction to all of this...oh my.

Roady
09-10-2014, 05:57 AM
If you think Ray Rice is dumb look at his wife's reaction to all of this...oh my.

Money makes people do foolish things.
She should be the poster woman for women who will take abuse to keep the money flowing.

Skizzick
09-10-2014, 08:36 AM
Money makes people do foolish things.
She should be the poster woman for women who will take abuse to keep the money flowing.
Also, keep in mind that on average, it take women in abusive relationships five times to leave that relationship. I think at this point She and Ray deserve their privacy, and we should now turn our attention to taking Goodell and the Ravens front office to task.

Buccaneer Madden
09-10-2014, 07:21 PM

I saw some of her press conference and she never looked at him and didn't seem to want to even be near him.... I have a feeling she is scared off her ass and thinks if she rats on him she will end up worse off. I don't put ANY stock in what she says as being from the heart.

gingi79
09-11-2014, 09:58 AM
Ray Rice's actions are deplorable. This whole circus needs to go away. That being said, a man knocking out a woman he supposedly loves is pathetic. The tremendously positive reaction fans in Baltimore gave him during the next preseason game is disgustingly crass and ethically disturbing.

How about the fact post-two game suspension, yahoo and espn fantasy drafts STILL had him drafted in over 70% of leagues?

"Wife beating is terrible and unforgivable!.....unless he can help me win a make believe contest....then I guess I can ignore it....":rolleyes:

helf35
09-11-2014, 11:45 AM
What he did was wrong we can all agree on that but how do you justify giving him a lifetime ban yet Stallworth and others only get a 1 year ban for a manslaughter charge? Also if he was truthful about the extent of the incident with the Ravens and the NFL and the only thing that has changed is the public has seen the video how can you cut him and ban him? I fully agree he is a giant piece of %&#$ and should never get to play again but how can you compare this with other suspensions and incidents in the league. Ray Lewis paid off the victims family's to avoid jail time and he is a hero to Ravens Nation. How can you compare a haymaker to a murder? I wonder if Rice actually has some sort of lawsuit against the NFL and Ravens as an option now especially if they had indeed seen the tape. The only variable that has changed is the public has seen the tape.

BU54CB
09-11-2014, 02:20 PM
Ray Rice's actions are deplorable. This whole circus needs to go away. That being said, a man knocking out a woman he supposedly loves is pathetic. The tremendously positive reaction fans in Baltimore gave him during the next preseason game is disgustingly crass and ethically disturbing.

How about the fact post-two game suspension, yahoo and espn fantasy drafts STILL had him drafted in over 70% of leagues?

"Wife beating is terrible and unforgivable!.....unless he can help me win a make believe contest....then I guess I can ignore it....":rolleyes:

If you choose players based on morals in fantasy football, you wouldn't be able to play.

helf35
09-11-2014, 06:28 PM
If you choose players based on morals in fantasy football, you wouldn't be able to play.

You would have to bench your defense every week. I am pretty sure you can find a domestic violence case on every team.

gingi79
09-11-2014, 07:50 PM
You would have to bench your defense every week. I am pretty sure you can find a domestic violence case on every team.

This is part of the reason I didn't draft Carolina's D. Couple the fact ESPN just ran an article about how Raven's fans still support Rice using a photo of a woman in a Raven's jersey?

I'm not talking morals, he cold clocked a woman who he then became engaged to, to protect himself as the state of Maryland can't force a wife to incriminate their husband.

Michael Vick was ostracized and drafted much less often when he came back from having dogs fight. Guess Ray Rice hit the wrong type of bitch, huh?

Roady
09-11-2014, 08:01 PM
Ravens fans still loyal to Ray Rice

http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11509307/baltimore-ravens-fans-loyal-ray-rice-critical-nfl-thursday-game

Morals anyone? :confused:

Skizzick
09-12-2014, 09:03 AM
What he did was wrong we can all agree on that but how do you justify giving him a lifetime ban yet Stallworth and others only get a 1 year ban for a manslaughter charge? Also if he was truthful about the extent of the incident with the Ravens and the NFL and the only thing that has changed is the public has seen the video how can you cut him and ban him? I fully agree he is a giant piece of %&#$ and should never get to play again but how can you compare this with other suspensions and incidents in the league. Ray Lewis paid off the victims family's to avoid jail time and he is a hero to Ravens Nation. How can you compare a haymaker to a murder? I wonder if Rice actually has some sort of lawsuit against the NFL and Ravens as an option now especially if they had indeed seen the tape. The only variable that has changed is the public has seen the tape.
Stallworth's manslaughter charge was an accident, pure and simple. He police and prosecutors all agree that the guy ran out into the street suddenly before he was hit. The difference between that and Ray Ray was that Rice's action was conducted with malice intent.

Ray Lewis, well he turned states evidence to avoid a murder charge. Fans are terrible for who they will cheer for and defend, and yet, you can't ever reprimand them. They have cheered for a guy that beat a murder charge by diming on his friends and paying off the family, and have cheered for a guy that knocked the crap out of his girlfriend on tape.

Roady
09-13-2014, 10:45 AM
I keep hearing people on tv and the internet, including Congressmen and Senators now, calling for the NFL to get tougher on domestic violence.
What is so laughable is Rice under our system of law didn't get anything but a slap on the wrist. The judge in the case said he would not have faced any jail time for hitting her and knocking her out cold.
Maybe before telling the NFL to get tougher on domestic violence we as a society should get tougher on it first.