PDA

View Full Version : Griffey Bat: CMB-24

cubs93
09-07-2014, 10:22 PM
Hello everyone. Would anyone happen to know how many bats Griffey Jr ordered with CMB-24 on the barrel? I found a poster showing Griffey using this bat with the CMB-24 and Seattle Mariners under his name. I happen to own one of these bats (cracked) and am told they're pretty rare as he didn't use them but in 92 or 93 I'm told. Anyone know how many he ordered or know how I can find out?

On a side note any idea on the value? Mine is not signed and is cracked. Shows nice use. No...mine is not currently listed on ebay but there is one like mine listed on ebay now however the price of the one on ebay looks pretty steep.

Thank you!

sox83cubs84
09-08-2014, 01:18 PM
I'm not sure of how much of the backstory you are aware of on these, but the CMB stands for Cash Money Brothers. Three Mariners players went in together on some investments in 1992: Griffey, Kevin Mitchell and Harold Reynolds, all of whom had bats with the barrel marking CMB followed by their uniform number.

I don't know enough about bats to have knowledge of the quantity made, but I'm confident one of our members can come up with that.

Any CMB bat is a scarcity...you've got a fine item there.

Dave Miedema

Westsiders
09-08-2014, 03:59 PM
Hello everyone. Would anyone happen to know how many bats Griffey Jr ordered with CMB-24 on the barrel? I found a poster showing Griffey using this bat with the CMB-24 and Seattle Mariners under his name. I happen to own one of these bats (cracked) and am told they're pretty rare as he didn't use them but in 92 or 93 I'm told. Anyone know how many he ordered or know how I can find out?

On a side note any idea on the value? Mine is not signed and is cracked. Shows nice use. No...mine is not currently listed on ebay but there is one like mine listed on ebay now however the price of the one on ebay looks pretty steep.

Thank you!

Here's one that sold at Legendary some years back...
http://www.legendaryauctions.com/lot-85245.aspx

Westsiders
09-09-2014, 12:02 PM
If any interest in selling it, please let me know.

Would love to see photos: scottromero7@gmail.com

Thanks.

5toolplayer
11-14-2014, 11:44 AM

Thank you!

CUBS93...PLEASE SHOOT ME AN EMAIL. THANKS