PDA

View Full Version : Current Value For Turn Ahead The Clock Jersey's

Phil316
09-03-2014, 01:58 AM
So I came across a guy who has a bout 7 or 8 Seattle Mariners Turn Ahead The Clock game used jerseys from 1998. I met up with him this afternoon. He has never made his collection public or ever sold anything. I did pick up a few items for my collection.

Anyways trying to come up with a fair value is kinda hard since i have never seen one for sale.

Any ideas ?

beef
09-03-2014, 07:34 AM
That's awesome! If he decides to part with a few, I'd be interested in picking one up. Do you recall what players he had? I've never seen a mariners game used one for sale so it's hard to gauge a price

Phil316
09-03-2014, 11:52 AM
They where mostly no names except for Ibanez and Fassero.

Phil316
09-03-2014, 11:53 AM
He is selling everything, his whole collection. Working on a deal to buy it all.

XclickX
09-04-2014, 03:06 AM
Does he have any of the hats? I been looking for them for awhile now.

slab0meat
09-04-2014, 08:51 AM
I'd be interested in one, even a no-name, if you buy them and want to part some out. Please keep me in mind if so!

DJaeger22
09-04-2014, 12:16 PM
I think TNTtoys is the resident turn ahead the clock collector. Hopefully he can chime in.

swainer
09-04-2014, 01:54 PM
I think TNTtoys is the resident turn ahead the clock collector. Hopefully he can chime in. I agree Nick is the resident expert. I spoke with him at the beginning of the year about the Detroit Tigers TATC jerseys. He said the lesser players should go for between $200 - $300. Not sure if other teams' price points are different.

Peace!

John

TNTtoys
10-17-2014, 03:29 PM
Somehow I missed this one.

Yes, depends upon the team for the most part, and the driving factor is usually supply & demand... Some of them put all of theirs on the auction block (there are many out there and several surface regularly) whereas other teams gave them to the players (where you will probably never find one, no matter how hard you look).

I have seen some commons sell for ridiculous numbers (i.e. Twins and Brewers) and others sell for the $200-300 range (i.e. Tigers, White Sox, Phillies).

Hope that's helpful.

Phil316
10-17-2014, 04:54 PM
Nick thanks for the reply.

sox83cubs84
10-17-2014, 07:37 PM
Nick (TNT):

Given your knowledge of this uniform genre, could you be so kind as to list the TATC teams that issued these uniforms in 1998-99. If I recall correctly, only 21 or so of the teams issued them, and there were some (such as the Cubs) who never wore the style. I would find a listing like this helpful, and I'm sure others would as well. Thanks.

Dave Miedema

Retired Old Guy
10-17-2014, 10:01 PM
Phillies Curt Schilling TAC jersey with matching flagged sleeve undershirt sold for $900 and change including fees in Hunt's auction last year.

TNTtoys
10-17-2014, 11:57 PM
Phillies Curt Schilling TAC jersey with matching flagged sleeve undershirt sold for $900 and change including fees in Hunt's auction last year.

That would be expected, as Schilling was a decorated superstar, All-Star player, multiple time World Series hero, one of the better pitchers of a generation.

At the same time, Hunt sold a lot of 4 more common Phillies TATC jerseys for approx $900 for the entire lot.

TNTtoys
10-18-2014, 12:10 AM
Nick (TNT):

Given your knowledge of this uniform genre, could you be so kind as to list the TATC teams that issued these uniforms in 1998-99. If I recall correctly, only 21 or so of the teams issued them, and there were some (such as the Cubs) who never wore the style. I would find a listing like this helpful, and I'm sure others would as well. Thanks.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

Here you go...

1998: 2 jerseys from the original TATC game. Both jerseys were done by Majestic and included:
1. Seattle Mariners (black)
2. Kansas City Royals (gold)

1999: 25 jerseys from the "Century 21" sponsored promotions based on the success of the original TATC game. All made by Russell. They include:

AL East:
3. Red Sox (issued, as the game never took place -- vs Detroit),
4. Orioles,
5. Rays

AL Central:
6. Tigers A (solid white, game used),
7. Tigers B (blue with tail wrapping around the back...issued, as the game never took place -- vs the Red Sox)
8. Twins
9. Royals (royal blue)
10. Indians
11. White Sox

AL West:
12. Angels A (red version)
13. Angels B (blue version)
14. A's
15. Mariners (red)

NL East:
16. (Mercury) Mets
17. Braves
18. Phillies
19. Marlins

NL Central:
20. Brewers
21. Cardinals
22. Pirates

NL West:
23. Giants
24. Padres
25. Diamondbacks
26. Rockies A (purple and white)
27. Rockies B (black and purple)

Note that in 1999, the Rockies and Angels played in both style jerseys.

Altogether, 21 different teams wore these jerseys across both years. Jerseys were made for 22 teams (but the Boston Red Sox never got to wear theirs). The 8 teams that did not participate:

Yankees
Blue Jays
Astros
Rangers
Expos
Reds
Cubs
Dodgers

sox83cubs84
10-19-2014, 09:27 PM
Thanks, Nick. I can recall my disappointment 15 years ago when I saw the Cubs were not wearing these. At the rime, though, the Cubs were often party poopers on uniform styles and additions, so I wasn't totally surpriseed.

Dave Miedema

TNTtoys
10-20-2014, 09:44 AM
Thanks, Nick. I can recall my disappointment 15 years ago when I saw the Cubs were not wearing these. At the rime, though, the Cubs were often party poopers on uniform styles and additions, so I wasn't totally surpriseed.

Dave Miedema

Dave,

I was particularly surprised that the Astros didn't participate... for a team that donned "futuristic" styles throughout the years, it didn't make sense (even traditionalist teams like the Red Sox and Cardinals participated!).

On a humorous note, one might note that the Yankees in fact DID participate. As the promotion was supposed to hint to what the teams will wear in 2021, it is likely (given the team's track record of not changing a thing) that they accomplished that goal!

Nick

hilseberg
12-05-2014, 04:08 PM
Hey Guys,

I'm dying to track down an Orioles TATC. I was working at the shop that did their on field jerseys at that time. The initial set was already lettered, but we did have to do a few for new call-ups...and even a few for the Angels (who they played that game).

Please keep me in mind if you ever see one...I prefer it to be blank so I can just customize it myself.

-Joe