PDA

View Full Version : Billy Butler Team USA Game Used Jersey

Wrigley2010
09-02-2014, 09:40 PM
I have for sale or Trade Billy Butlers 2002 Team USA Home Jersey. I bought this at Goldin Auctions 2014 Opening Day Auction. The link is provided below with photos as well. I'm asking $230 Shipped with payment made by Paypal friends and family or $240 using a paypal invoice. I would be interested in game used jerseys or bats in trade. There are too many players to list that I would accept in trade so email me with what you'd be willing to trade and we'll go from there. Please keep trades reasonable and fair as I believe I have set my price very fair.

Cheers,
Joe

http://goldinauctions.com/LotDetail.aspx?inventoryid=9580

Wrigley2010
09-02-2014, 09:46 PM
Forgot to mention that the LOA which is from our favorite jersey expert Dave Miedema :D references a nameplate on the back but there is no nameplate. I had Goldin Auctions replace the letter twice but the error never got fully corrected. Either way it's a fantastic gamer from the absolute earliest parts of Billys baseball career.

sportsnbikes
09-03-2014, 12:10 AM
Is it signed?

sportsnbikes
09-03-2014, 12:11 AM
NM didn't see the link. Looks like it isn't signed. Thanks!

CampWest
09-04-2014, 09:15 AM
There are other issues with those LOA, several of them from that auction.

Billy Butler was not on the 2002 National Team. In 2002 he was 16 years old and was on the 16U team. Accordingly its a bit misleading that they described these as "Olympic" jerseys. Also it is incorrect to say he was a member of the "National Team". Maybe, nit picking a bit, but it made me question whether there were Butler used 16U jerseys, or if they were actually National team jerseys worn by somebody else.

Billy did play on an Olympic Qualifying team, but not until 2006.

CampWest
09-04-2014, 09:40 AM
There are other issues with those LOA, several of them from that auction.

Billy Butler was not on the 2002 National Team. In 2002 he was 16 years old and was on the 16U team. Accordingly its a bit misleading that they described these as "Olympic" jerseys. Also it is incorrect to say he was a member of the "National Team". Maybe, nit picking a bit, but it made me question whether these were Butler used 16U jerseys, or if they were actually National team jerseys worn by somebody else.

Billy did play on an Olympic Qualifying team, but not until 2006.

I don't like the word I used there. Please strike "misleading" from the record. I really meant confusing/inaccurate.

Wrigley2010
09-04-2014, 11:12 AM
Correct Billy was on the 16U team but it is still referred to as the 16U National Team. I thought the highest level team which I believe is the 18U correct me if I'm wrong had NOB? I also didn't see any reference to it being called an Olympic jersey? It's surprising how difficult it is to find information on these early National Teams.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-04-2014, 02:09 PM
The LOA says 2002 Olympic on it, so I think that's where the reference came from. Beyond that, the highest team (depending upon how we define highest) would be either the professional team (minor leaguers) or the collegiate national team.

For what it's worth, Billy Butler was named as a member of the following teams:

2002 16u
2003 18u
2005 CONCEBE Olympic Qualifier
2006 COPABE Olympic Qualifier

I think the CNT is usually the team that is referred to as the US National Team, though.

danesei@yahoo.com
09-04-2014, 02:16 PM
I think the CNT is usually the team that is referred to as the US National Team, though.

After a minimal amount of research, I discovered the above is no longer true. As of the 2008 Olympics, the US National Team (the one that is sent to the Olympics) is apparently the professional team. This conclusion was reached due to Brett Anderson being on the squad.

As for the nameplates on the jerseys, I would think NOB would be used on the pro team jerseys, to avoid NCAA rules conflicts (if they exist).

Wrigley2010
09-05-2014, 10:57 AM
The LOA I have no longer references anything about the Olympic team. Due to all the questions that surrounded the jersey I'm taking it off the market.

Phil316
09-05-2014, 12:00 PM
Not sure if any of you remember but Razor Entertainment was selling these USA jerseys by the boat load on eBay a couple years ago. They had an endless supply it seemed like. All had little to no wear.

Wrigley2010
09-05-2014, 11:03 PM
Not sure if any of you remember but Razor Entertainment was selling these USA jerseys by the boat load on eBay a couple years ago. They had an endless supply it seemed like. All had little to no wear.

I do recall those jerseys on eBay. Are you implying this jersey could be one of those jerseys? When I get some more free time I will post detailed photos of the jersey and the current LOA.