PDA

View Full Version : BMH - Jim Thome block letter LVS bat

brianborsch
08-28-2014, 06:37 PM
Hi Brian!

I hope all is well!

I came across Jim Thome bat and I was curious if this is a legit game issued bat of Jim Thome? His name on the name plate seems to be a larger than normal font and the I13 has a line above it. Is this an autograph or game model or store model? Or is it an actual game issued bat of his?

brianborsch
02-28-2015, 01:36 PM
BUMP! BMH! Any info on this block letter Jim Thome bat I found?

BMH
02-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I would like to see a pic of it.

brianborsch
03-01-2015, 04:55 PM
Hey Brian,

How can I email you? I can send pics. It's not letting me post pics here...

brianborsch
03-01-2015, 04:58 PM
Ok Brian,

Here is a link to pics I posted in the forum a bit ago. Let me know your thoughts. Thanks!

http://www.gameuseduniverse.com/vb_forum/showthread.php?t=62147&highlight=jim+thome

BMH
03-01-2015, 11:02 PM
I would say game issued. The machine's we use for burn branding are not the most accurate. That is why we rarely do it anymore...but you have to be really good at it to set it up correctly. It looks like someone did not set up the end brand correctly and the edge of the plate burned in above the I13.

brianborsch
03-02-2015, 01:50 AM
I see. I just thought it was weird it had no business a ding on the backside of the barrel. But I think there was a period where you didn't do that yet?

Also, I have one of his ash Orioles bats from his last season. Is there any reason why it wouldn't have "Powerized" branded on it?

brianborsch
03-02-2015, 01:50 AM
And THANKS! You are a wealth of knowledge!

brianborsch
03-02-2015, 01:53 AM
Sorry. In my first response I was saying I thought it was weird the bat had no branding on the backside of the barrel....

BMH
03-02-2015, 07:03 AM
Sometimes my employees forgot to put the back brand on. I don't inspect every bat that goes out. Adam Duvall pointed out yesterday one of his bats had the information on the knob lasered twice while another bat had nothing. I had to explain I have a 20ish young lady who is pregnant operating the laser. She sometimes has issues.

For a while we made bats without the powerized, it was easier to brand.