PDA

View Full Version : ASI authenticity

kingjammy24
12-26-2006, 07:27 PM
from ASI's website:
"Every item we receive is directly from the players themselves, NOT second-hand.... Every item we sell comes straight off the field, and most times it comes directly from the athletes themselves...We don't deal with "middle men"; we go directly to the player."

makes it pretty clear doesn't it?

a few items from a recent ASI sales list:

Game Used Jerseys
Peyton Manning 2005 Home - $4000
Hideki Matsui 2005 Home - $5000
Derek Jeter 2005 Home - $5000
Derek Jeter 2006 Home - $5000
Robinson Cano 2005 Home - Lampson - $4000 (if Cano is personally giving you a jersey why would you use Lampson?)
Bo Jackson 1989 Home Signed - $1750

Game Used Bats
Roberto Clemente - $7500

so apparently, if ASI is telling the truth:

- Matsui, Jeter, and Cano are all blatantly breaching the Yankees/Steiner contract. i'm sure they appreciate ASI broadcasting this info.

- Peyton Manning is bypassing his own Peyback Foundation in order to supply ASI. Unfortunately he seems to be doing so without giving ASI any Peyback or Colts paperwork whatsoever.

- Bo Jackson is digging into his old stuff to supply ASI with, oddly enough, the exact same jerseys that Scoreboard sold. (Next time I'm at a Tristar show, I'll be sure to ask Bo about his relationship with Brad Wells.)

However, the piece de resistance - Roberto Clemente has somehow risen from the grave to personally give ASI a bat. Incredible!

rudy.

allstarsplus
12-26-2006, 07:49 PM
from ASI's website:
"Every item we receive is directly from the players themselves, NOT second-hand.... Every item we sell comes straight off the field, and most times it comes directly from the athletes themselves...We don't deal with "middle men"; we go directly to the player."

a few items from a recent ASI sales list:

Game Used Jerseys
Derek Jeter 2005 Home - $5000
Derek Jeter 2006 Home - $5000
rudy.

There's 2 more Jeter's without Steiner LOA's to go with the ones I found this week on Mastronet, Historic and the $6,500 one on eBay.

Has anyone seen any others????