PDA

View Full Version : Jose abreu game used bat????

stasman
08-24-2014, 08:51 AM
Has anybody checked out the MLB white sox auction for the Jose Abreu game used bat??? Its over $7,000.00. Really???

Chess2899
08-24-2014, 11:58 AM
Has anybody checked out the MLB white sox auction for the Jose Abreu game used bat??? Its over $7,000.00. Really???

That's $4000 more than a 1967 game used Hank Aaron. Very impressive.
Can we expect 800 homers?

gorilla777
08-24-2014, 12:09 PM
Please send every $3,000 Aaron bat my way, 1967 or otherwise

Chess2899
08-24-2014, 04:53 PM
Please send every $3,000 Aaron bat my way, 1967 or otherwise

Well, I have had bats lying around for awhile so maybe Aaron has gone up. I paid a hefty $2000 for it maybe 20 years ago. Maybe i need to update the prices on these old things. :)

Westsiders
08-24-2014, 08:35 PM
Well, I have had bats lying around for awhile so maybe Aaron has gone up. I paid a hefty $2000 for it maybe 20 years ago. Maybe i need to update the prices on these old things. :)

Dust that thing off and send it my way :)

But seriously, if your thinking of selling, please let me make an offer.

helf35
08-24-2014, 11:55 PM
$550 for a Chris Sale K card signed. They also added a game used home Abreu Jersey. Only at 2K.

yanks12025
08-25-2014, 10:42 AM
I'm sorry but there's some really stupid rich people. $7,000 plus for a bat of someone who at best will be a superstar for acouple years. He'll never be a hall of famer and stuff.

beachpetrol
08-25-2014, 11:50 AM
Would it be considered a tax write-off, if the money goes to a charity??

stasman
08-25-2014, 12:58 PM
Wow!!! $$$$$$$

helf35
08-25-2014, 02:33 PM

It is when you buy something from any of the White Sox garage sales. When you make a purchase at the garage sale they give you a signed letter with the amount you spent with the White Sox Charity logo on it. You might need to ask for something from mlb on the other hand. Not sure a reciept will do because I do not believe it says anything about charity.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-26-2014, 09:13 PM

The White Sox are donating the money not you. You are buying an item.

jbean023
08-26-2014, 09:23 PM

Yes with most teams im sure you could get away with a tax write off but not all. Some auctions mention a percentage going to charity, I would ask mlb or team directly. I know some teams auction instead of sell privately just for the reason of donating to charities.

I don't see the difference between attending an event that is donating 10% of the entire auction winnings to a specific charity and bidding on an mlb auction item with them doing the same thing.

beachpetrol
08-26-2014, 11:16 PM
I don't see the difference between attending an event that is donating 10% of the entire auction winnings to a specific charity and bidding on an mlb auction item with them doing the same thing.

Exactly. Which is why I am thinking items like the Abreu bat and the Red Sox ring in the other thread are going for so much money, because the winning bidder can use it as a tax write-off.

nevrdiez34
08-27-2014, 08:02 AM
I won a couple items through the Cubs online auction last year and I received a letter or an email, I can't remember, stating that a portion of my purchases were tax deductible and it had the amount that was deductible on it. It wasn't much, but then again I didn't spend a whole lot.

salukidave
09-01-2014, 12:22 AM
He'll never be a hall of famer and stuff.

If I had to put money on it, I'd say Abreu will be a Hall of Famer. If you watch him over time I dare say you'll change your mind. He's a hitting machine. He hits for tremendous power and bats well over .300. And he knows how to drive in runs. I've never seen anybody so often swing at pitches that would be called balls and drive in runs. He's having a monster year despite spending time on the disabled list and having clowns like Dunn and Viciedo hitting behind him.

yanks12025
09-01-2014, 04:46 AM
If I had to put money on it, I'd say Abreu will be a Hall of Famer. If you watch him over time I dare say you'll change your mind. He's a hitting machine. He hits for tremendous power and bats well over .300. And he knows how to drive in runs. I've never seen anybody so often swing at pitches that would be called balls and drive in runs. He's having a monster year despite spending time on the disabled list and having clowns like Dunn and Viciedo hitting behind him.

You're right. I guess whenever a player has a good year, they should be considered a hall of famer right away. Lol

Also he's 27, no way he puts up enough numbers.

Hoosier39
09-01-2014, 09:53 AM

Wow, a HOF'er? Sign me up for that bet. I'll take it all day long, just let me know how much.

helf35
09-01-2014, 04:02 PM
Same guy won the bat and the jersey. Over 12K!!!! I almost guarantee you can get a jersey at the garage sale for $1500 and a bat for $500. I don't see them pricing them over Konerko or Sale. What a waste of money. Usually stars with the team sit at the $500 range. When they leave they go up. The last 3 years or so Konerko bats were $500.

onlyalbert
09-01-2014, 10:53 PM
Same guy won the bat and the jersey. Over 12K!!!! I almost guarantee you can get a jersey at the garage sale for $1500 and a bat for $500. I don't see them pricing them over Konerko or Sale. What a waste of money. Usually stars with the team sit at the $500 range. When they leave they go up. The last 3 years or so Konerko bats were $500.

I can't say 100% but I have a feeling the winning bidder red1035 is a card company and you will soon be able to get pieces of these items soon. That bidder ID has won and bid on a ton of very high end items recently from all teams. Seems to be going after young stars.

salukidave
09-04-2014, 04:27 AM
You're right. I guess whenever a player has a good year, they should be considered a hall of famer right away. Lol

Also he's 27, no way he puts up enough numbers.

It won't be about compiling 14 good seasons with Abreu. It'll be about dominating for eight or so.

And no, I didn't say he should be considered a Hall of Famer right away. I said, if I had to bet, I'd bet on him being a Hall of Famer. Big difference.

Abreu is not a Cespedes or Puig or Harper. He's a much better hitter than any of them.

sportsnbikes
09-04-2014, 06:38 AM
It won't be about compiling 14 good seasons with Abreu. It'll be about dominating for eight or so.

And no, I didn't say he should be considered a Hall of Famer right away. I said, if I had to bet, I'd bet on him being a Hall of Famer. Big difference.

Abreu is not a Cespedes or Puig or Harper. He's a much better hitter than any of them.

I am not a believer that he'll be a hall of famer either. He came into the league too old. He lost too many years and won't have the numbers.

helf35
09-04-2014, 03:08 PM
I am not a believer that he'll be a hall of famer either. He came into the league too old. He lost too many years and won't have the numbers.

Ichiro was 27. He will prob be a first ballot HOF and is currently 175 hits away from 3000.