PDA

View Full Version : Madison Sports, Inc.

Jeffredsfan
08-24-2014, 06:55 AM
Does anyone have any opinions about autographed items from Madison Sports, Inc?

KGoldin
08-24-2014, 12:10 PM
http://www.sportscollectorsdigest.com/news/autograph-news/authenticators-and-autograph-sellers-to-watch-for

read the part about being included in the FBI fraudulent autographs list

Jeffredsfan
08-24-2014, 12:19 PM
Thank you very much Ken. In your opinion, would it be worth the time and money to have an autograph from Madison Sports examined by a third party?

KGoldin
08-24-2014, 01:05 PM
If it saves you money, post it here first
If I am familiar with player I will comment if you are wasting Your time

Jeffredsfan
08-24-2014, 03:16 PM
Thanks again Ken. Here is the item. I hope the pics are clear enough.

ironmanfan
08-25-2014, 05:51 AM
Ali is the most forged autograph of anyone.......Personally, I wouldn't touch one with a Madison Sports COA

Chess2899
08-25-2014, 11:27 AM
Does anyone have any opinions about autographed items from Madison Sports, Inc?

Does not look good to me. His post-Parkinson's signature is smaller and more typical of his diagnosis.
I have authentic sigs that I can obtained in person both before and after his Parkinson's diagnosis. They don't look very close. I will post pics later.

Jeffredsfan
08-25-2014, 03:18 PM
I had a bad feeling about this signed piece. I have some other signed Ali items without COA's that I am going to turn over to PSA for authentication. This item, along with many others were given to my Dad years ago. He was a Manager at one of the local Farmers Market in the area and one of the merchants used to give him boxing items. My Dad loved Ali. My Dad passed away a few years ago and my Mom is starting to downsize. She asked me to sell this for her. I guess the good thing is that it didn't cost my dad anything.

I certainly appreciate the comments regarding this piece. Although I would have loved to turn over a nice pile of cash to my Mom, it's not worth selling someone an item that is forged.

Thanks again for all your help.

Capital-Sports
08-26-2014, 08:42 PM
The forger of that Ali was John Olson who owned Madison Sports