PDA

View Full Version : Minor League Baseball Jersey worn by multiple players

warheel
08-18-2014, 05:20 PM
I bought a game used minor league baseball jersey based on the name on the back, because he is a prospect. When I got it home and did my research, I found the jersey had evidence of a couple of nameplate changes, which of course is not uncommon or unexpected in this case. However, when I was trying to photo match, I found the jersey belonged to someone established in the major leagues and with much more upside than the prospect.

Has anyone had any luck contacting teams/equipment managers to see if they can provide old nameplates? Or is the value of the jersey dependent on photos?

64SHEA
08-18-2014, 09:24 PM
Did you buy it from the team?

I won a Carlos Gonzalez jersey that had be worn by seven or eight player's from the Sky Sox. After the auction they gave me the option to change the nameplate to any of the players who had worn the jersey.

shaunharr
08-19-2014, 08:18 AM
In Round Rock, I believe they hold on to the nameplats to reuse them if they player ends up back on the team, or if someone with the same last name joins the team.

warheel
08-19-2014, 10:35 AM
I did buy the jersey from the team. I'm going again tonight and will check to see if they have any other jerseys that might have been worn by big names or up and coming players.