PDA

View Full Version : Why?

Jags Fan Dan
08-16-2014, 08:54 AM
I see pretty often people will attempt, unsuccessfully, to sell an item on ebay. Then they will post it here at a higher price? Then, conversely, I will see an item listed here and eventually moved to eBay at a lower price. Why, when you have a free classified board with no fees of any type, would you not offer your best price here?

volunteer
08-16-2014, 11:03 AM
Maybe they don't want to sell. I saw an eBay auction a while back that listed for a million. When you read the description it said this item is not for sale, just showing!

Neely8
08-18-2014, 02:37 PM
On a similar note I love it too when something doesn't sell on ebay several times at one price so then the person relists the item at a higher price.

godwulf
08-18-2014, 02:47 PM
Unless you're talking about someone listing an item on eBay at a lower Buy It Now price than it was listed for on the C-to-C board, it may be that they're starting it out a lower price in order to pay a lower listing fee, and they are confident that the final bid price will be higher.

ShaimOnYou
08-18-2014, 03:29 PM
The obvious answer in listing on ebay vs here is the exposure. Ebay has hundreds of millions of users worldwide. Don't think this site is quite there yet.

In regards to the pricing, everyone has their own idea of how to realize top dollar for their items. And I agree, most of that process is very puzzling.