PDA

View Full Version : Jeter Final Game Full Ticket "stub" Value.

kellsox
08-15-2014, 02:51 PM
I have tickets to the final 2 games of the regular season at Fenway. It's very possible that one of the games will be Jeters last reg season game. Any thoughts on the value of the used tickets from the game. They are season ticket style (not print at home or box office) tickets and will not be torn.

UTeric3232
08-15-2014, 02:57 PM
Probably minimal at the moment, a ton of people are going to save them. Probably $20-$50. Im sure the first few that hit ebay will go higher (maybe $100).

Pure speculation, but Im sure the value will continue to rise over the years if they are preserved well.

jojac
08-16-2014, 06:20 AM
I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeter sat out the last few games of the season. He's been a life long Yankee and he may want to make Yankee Stadium the last place he takes the field. If that happens then the tickets to the Red Sox series may not be that significant.

ironmanfan
08-16-2014, 10:28 AM
I'm just guessing here, but I wouldn't be surprised if Jeter sat out the last few games of the season. He's been a life long Yankee and he may want to make Yankee Stadium the last place he takes the field. If that happens then the tickets to the Red Sox series may not be that significant.

Barring a significant injury, I don't think there is any chance of this happening.

yanks12025
08-16-2014, 10:51 AM
Barring a significant injury, I don't think there is any chance of this happening.

I also can see him sitting out. Specially if Yankees don't make the postseason which is a 99% they won't based on how bad they've played.

kellsox
08-16-2014, 11:49 AM
Even if the Yankees are out of it, he's not sitting all 3 games at Fenway. I just don't see that happening. I think whichever game during that final series is his last, he gets pulled mid inning.
As far as the ticket goes, many of the tickets now are either print at home or paperless, giving more value overall to the season ticket issued tix.

marino13
08-16-2014, 12:15 PM
Jeter can pull the "Mariano" if he wishes - not playing the last series of the season.

The only reason why he would actually play is the Yankees are still in the playoff chase - wild card spot or the division (Dont laugh - they are playing 16 games within their division in the month of September --- this is the main reason why they are NOT mathematically eliminated).

But then again, Jeter being Jeter, he will play -- even if as a pinch hitter or pinch runner.

As for the "collectible" value of the tickets -- that would be depends on the potential buyer(s). Most would want the LAST game ticket at Yankee stadium - since he is a Yankees after all. As for long term value, I don't see it. The most valuable stub right now --- Jeter's image on 9/25 ticket. Jeter's image on 3000th hit ticket ... and if it is in existence - Jeter's first game ticket.

volunteer
08-16-2014, 01:22 PM
I'd say around $15 or $20. He might play one inning and they pull him.

carbonrosa
08-19-2014, 09:40 PM
What sucks for collectors now is that MLB changed his hit on 8/8/14 Yankees vs Indians to an error making 8/9/14 the game Jeter now ties Wagner. On eBay Collectors were paying $50-$100 for 8//9/14 Yankees vs Indians with Derek Jeter on the ticket thinking this was the milestone. Now the ticket that Derek Jeter actually passed Wagner is 8/11/14 Orioles vs Yankees.
Here's just a two Derek Jeter milestone ticket stubs from my collection:
5/29/95 MLB Debut
4/1/96 (played on 4/2) 1st Home Run