PDA

View Full Version : This is so cool

Roady
08-12-2014, 09:05 AM
I am not a Yankees fan and I don't' know if they are made from other team bats but this is really cool I think.
I don't like the price though.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-York-Yankees-Coat-Rack-Made-From-Game-Used-Base-Ball-Bats-MLB-Auth-/380973218119?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item58b3c5f947

Jags Fan Dan
08-12-2014, 10:52 AM
Maybe the pricing depends on whose bats are used?:D

Roady
08-12-2014, 11:01 AM
Maybe the pricing depends on whose bats are used?:D

It would be interesting to know whose bats are used. :)

mreph
08-12-2014, 03:40 PM
I saw this in the Steiner Store in Yankee stadium. I know one bat was a scott sizemore bat. Also it was super shaky.

momen55
08-12-2014, 06:36 PM
doesn't look very sturdy.

chakes89
08-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Kinda funny that the display picture has a "youth" bat as the primary feature. lol

Roady
08-12-2014, 08:10 PM
Some of you can ruin anything I swear. :D
I didn't even notice the youth bat. :(

I don't care, it would still be awesome in a man cave.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-12-2014, 09:26 PM
Well considering it takes 6 bats, a ball, and a ball the price isn't that bad. Especially when you consider how expensive Yankees stuff is. If every piece was authenticated to specific games I would pay close to that assuming the bats were all from regulars and not scrubs.

Though hearing it isn't sturdy Ehh...

godwulf
08-14-2014, 12:46 PM
Seriously?! Okay, I'll be the first curmudgeon to speak up and say, "What the Hell?" I don't care if it's a bat used by the first guy cut from Spring Training, it's a travesty/minor crime to make a damned coat rack (or a bench, or a pencil holder, or a keychain, OR A BASEBALL CARD) out of game-used items. Period, full stop, end of rant. :rolleyes:

ShaimOnYou
08-14-2014, 02:12 PM
Seriously?! Okay, I'll be the first curmudgeon to speak up and say, "What the Hell?" I don't care if it's a bat used by the first guy cut from Spring Training, it's a travesty/minor crime to make a damned coat rack (or a bench, or a pencil holder, or a keychain, OR A BASEBALL CARD) out of game-used items. Period, full stop, end of rant. :rolleyes:

Agreed. That's almost as bad as stair handrails made out of game used bats. Defacing/destroying game used items just seems so lame. If they're store model bats, and just simple "game used" baseballs and bases with no significance of any kind, then I guess it's no big deal.

But I wouldn't have that Cheese Whiz in my house.

Roady
08-15-2014, 10:52 PM
You obviously have very bad taste. And maybe an anger problem. :rolleyes:

Roady
08-15-2014, 10:54 PM
Agreed. That's almost as bad as stair handrails made out of game used bats. Defacing/destroying game used items just seems so lame. If they're store model bats, and just simple "game used" baseballs and bases with no significance of any kind, then I guess it's no big deal.

But I wouldn't have that Cheese Whiz in my house.
When we die do you think God will let us bring our collectibles with us? Will we care? Let people enjoy life and stop trying to suck the life out of everything. It's okay, it will be alright, the world will still spin, and if I die tomorrow none of this will matter. Be happy. :)

yankees506
08-16-2014, 08:04 AM
From the picture and the one I saw in person at the stadium, the main bats in the middle are stock bats (not gu) and the cut handles are gu. Not worth it IMO

Roady
08-16-2014, 02:34 PM
From the picture and the one I saw in person at the stadium, the main bats in the middle are stock bats (not gu) and the cut handles are gu. Not worth it IMO

Yeah, I said in my first post I did not like the price.
But I do like the looks of it.
Anyone could take stock bats and a cheap game used, or new even, base and make one.
The price is very high in my opinion.

johnsontravis@ymail.com
08-16-2014, 09:10 PM
When we die do you think God will let us bring our collectibles with us? Will we care? Let people enjoy life and stop trying to suck the life out of everything. It's okay, it will be alright, the world will still spin, and if I die tomorrow none of this will matter. Be happy. :)

Right!? It isn't like they are taking Derek Jeter's 3000 hit bat or something. If someone wants to make a coat rack or a hand rail go for it it. I probably would have a fit if it was a historic artifact, but other than that who cares.

Not really sure if I would do something like this in my house though...it is sorta cheesy to me. I'm not going to come scream at you if you want it though haha.

Misha
08-17-2014, 04:39 AM
Speaking of high prices on homemade things on eBay, this is my favorite. A "masterpiece sculpture" made by the seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLAND-ATHLETICS-AS-10-INCH-CERAMIC-LOGO-SCULPTURE-JERSEYS-CAPS-BOBBLEHEADS-/111434389713?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item19f201d8d1

helf35
08-17-2014, 09:31 AM
Speaking of high prices on homemade things on eBay, this is my favorite. A "masterpiece sculpture" made by the seller

http://www.ebay.com/itm/OAKLAND-ATHLETICS-AS-10-INCH-CERAMIC-LOGO-SCULPTURE-JERSEYS-CAPS-BOBBLEHEADS-/111434389713?pt=US_Baseball_Fan_Shop&hash=item19f201d8d1

So all you have to do is call your item a masterpiece and then ad 6zeros to the end of the price. Nice! If I were an artistic I would copy that and list it at 100,000.

ferro39
08-17-2014, 11:34 AM

i made something similar once...at a kid's birthday party

godwulf
08-17-2014, 01:04 PM

If Picasso or even Andy Warhol had done it...maybe.

godwulf
08-17-2014, 01:11 PM
Hey, does anybody remember "Frankenjersey"? (That's what I called it, anyway.) Some guy took a whole bunch of "game-used jersey" swatches off of cards and arranged them to look sort of like a jersey, if you can picture that, and put it on eBay. He wanted some ridiculous price for this monstrosity. To me, it answered the question, "What's more silly and wasteful than cutting up a GU jersey and putting tiny scraps of it on cards?" Why, taking those tiny scraps off the cards and gluing them down into the shape of a jersey, of course. I wonder if he ever sold it.